BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Baron - House Descanso

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    For the same reason a mission in the campaign they just released "gives" Move Through Cover to Knights in the next mission if you win... they keep forgetting how their rules work and just rush through things without really checking, so they can keep up the release schedule.

Have to say, though, if he got to add another +1 to the weapon's Strength, that'd be just sick for 135 points, because at that point he's ignoring all armor saves (only inv. saves against him), *and* he would be high enough Strength to cause Instant Death on the charge against pretty much any Space Marine character who isn't on a bike (and doesn't have Eternal Warrior).
    So you think that in Lenton,f.i drink too much ale during game design and that made designers unprofessionals.Well,it is reasonable...but ale is not going to save for instant dead R4 miniatures.
    Oh,please,come on!!People fear an another Space marine character ready to kill other Space-marine-characters and go around and around with rule's interpretation and/or drink habibts in GW during work?Rules are badly written but this is overkill... ¬¬
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

Librarian

New pics from GROT ORDERLY!!

[url]http://grotorderly.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/white-dwarf-27-przecieki-czesc-2-leaks.html[/url]

Now we can see pics for the Limited Editions (Wolf Guard and Long Fangs) of the Wolves´ Codex!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WSPdJ05.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	10284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BMZLku4.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	10285Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HpsW18Z.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	10286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xAR5NGi.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	10287
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    Am I being insane here or does Furious charge do nothing unless he's had both claws destroyed?

Base str 6, but equipped with str 7 (not str +1) weapons, so str 7 all the time regardless? (or did this change without me noticing?)
    I think you're spot on Cleon, should it ever come up with us I'll be suggesting Murderine's Claws should be treated as S+1 under normal circumstances and S+2 on the charge. I can't think of any other powered melee weapon that has a flat STR value off the top of my head, put it down to sloppy writing.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Or being precisely how the designer wanted them....

Anyhoo.

Just got an email from GW, about 'Meet the heroes of Fenris'.

Canis is there. As is Nigel. And 'Wolflord on Thunderwolf'.

So Canis in, and seemingly no renaming of the Thunderwolf dude to Harald. Does not necessarily exclude Harald from being in the book though.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post
    New pics from GROT ORDERLY!!

[url]http://grotorderly.blogspot.com.es/2014/07/white-dwarf-27-przecieki-czesc-2-leaks.html[/url]

Now we can see pics for the Limited Editions (Wolf Guard and Long Fangs) of the Wolves´ Codex!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WSPdJ05.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	10284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BMZLku4.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	10285Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HpsW18Z.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	10286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xAR5NGi.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	10287

Well, with that confirmation, I officially feel bad for Space Wolf players. Their cheaper set is $15 more than the Ork set, and swap out a supplement for a fluff book. If they want the supplement (which, if it's like W!G, will be a must-have), they have to get the $250 version.

And they wonder why their revenues are down...

Baron - House Descanso

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Or being precisely how the designer wanted them....

Anyhoo.

Just got an email from GW, about 'Meet the heroes of Fenris'.

Canis is there. As is Nigel. And 'Wolflord on Thunderwolf'.

So Canis in, and seemingly no renaming of the Thunderwolf dude to Harald. Does not necessarily exclude Harald from being in the book though.
    But are web exclusives now...
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Or being precisely how the designer wanted them...
    Nearly spat my tea over my monitor. You remain, as ever, Mister Mr E, comedy gold.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Scout

He's S8 on the charge. Otherwise you wouldn't add +1S for Power Fists or Thunder Hammers (which state X2 on the weapons profile) Frost Weapons, Relic Weapons or anything else that in anyway changes the Strength characteristic. I remember on the original Space Wolves FAQ Kelly stating that the ThunderWolf bonus was unusual in that it wasn't BONUS S it was a BASE S upgrade.

Furious Charge is a bonus, not a base increase. So it will always increase the Strength of the model when it charges, regardless of the weapon. The ThunderWolf Cavalry upgrade was a base Strength increase, so Thunder Hammers on them would be S10, rather than S9, because the Furious charge bonus is applied after the weapon is taken into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    ... they have to get the $250 version.
    250$ for exclusive version this is too much but 10+ to sharp fangs

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyWolf View Post
    He's S8 on the charge. Otherwise you wouldn't add +1S for Power Fists or Thunder Hammers (which state X2 on the weapons profile) Frost Weapons, Relic Weapons or anything else that in anyway changes the Strength characteristic. I remember on the original Space Wolves FAQ Kelly stating that the ThunderWolf bonus was unusual in that it wasn't BONUS S it was a BASE S upgrade.

Furious Charge is a bonus, not a base increase. So it will always increase the Strength of the model when it charges, regardless of the weapon. The ThunderWolf Cavalry upgrade was a base Strength increase, so Thunder Hammers on them would be S10, rather than S9, because the Furious charge bonus is applied after the weapon is taken into account.
    Furious Charge, as it works *now*, increases the *model's* Strength *characteristic.* So, on the charge, an Ork Nob goes from S4 to S5 on his profile.

A power fist (or klaw) doubles the model's Strength characteristic. So it would be S(5)x2 = 10. That's how it affects power fists and similar weapons.

If a weapon has a set Strength, it's not using the model's Strength characteristic. So Furious Charge increasing said characteristic does jack squat for the weapon's Strength.

Sure, they might have intended to give +1S to the Murderclaws on the charge, but then, they should learn their own rules and actually write a rule for the model that does that, rather than giving him a rule that does nothing for him. If they try to say in a FAQ "well, we *meant* for it to work this way..." then it means the entire rulebook is open for people to just interpret things however they feel like it *should* work, rather than how it says it works.

And seriously, folks, before you keep arguing this, do be so kind as to crack open a 7th edition 40K rulebook and read the special rule. It *is* an increase to the model's base Strength characteristic, not a bonus applied to any weapons he has. It's only useful if the weapon he's using uses the user's Strength in figuring out its own Strength.

Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast