BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Yeah really hope the rumor about giant MC isn't true, would be terrible. Though I don't really believe it. Hope Canis stays as well. Stormraven or a variant of it and some of the vanilla marine toys makes sense.

Would like to see Wulfen kit, dread kit and Wolf Scout kit.

I don't want to see a major overhaul. I like most of the current codex. Bringing Blood claws and Scouts more in line with grey hunters would be nice. Scouts don't really feel like the veterans the lore implies to me. Wolfguard able to go with skyclaws. Wolfguard Assault Terminators cost brought more in line with other armies Assault Terminators.

Is there a lore reason for Space Wolves to not have apothecaries? Not sure if I would want that in or not, probably though since most armies coming out have some access to FnP as long as it was limited.

Really I'd just like some more flexibility, instead of feeling like if I want to win, spam more Grey Hunters / Long Fangs.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    I mean it really makes the most sense. Take 8 different armies, make 4 box sets, put a rulebook in each. Sure you might not play both armies in a set, but chances are your group or a local game store has people wanting X army with Y to trade you.

You can include:

Chaos Marines
    Daemons
    Eldar/Dark Eldar
    Necrons
    Orks
    Tau
    2 Marines

or Marines vs Something in each since Marines are the most popular.
    It bothers me that everyone seems to be jumping on board with lumping Eldar and Dark Eldar into one, the Eldar part of my collection cringes every time I see it done. They don't really like one another.

And I get what you mean with the "pick the armies in the boxes", but I can see some points against it as far as GW is concerned. When Assualt on Blackreach came out I bought 5 boxes to expand out my BA for Apoc, was a really cheap deal, and let me use a terminator formation after some bit orders, I also converted 4 of the dreads using spare parts in the Furioso Kits. Anyways, I started to ebay the orks, but since I had so many already I ended up picking up some stuff to fill it out and conversion bits to make a pretty decent little ork force.

That box set was a great deal just for the marines alone, but it got me to pull the trigger on collecting an army that I had always liked but hadn't started buying.

Though I probably won't pick this one up. If they had really wanted this to sell well, they'd have put in a new buggy kit or plastic wulfen, like when dark vengeance came out with the new cultists and hellbrute before the regular kits were out.

The real killer for me is why they don't sell the paperback rules seperately. Always love having a cpl copies of the mini brb around.
    Last edited by Ang56; 07-09-2014 at 01:25 PM.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Ang56 View Post

The real killer for me is why they don't sell the paperback rules seperately. Always love having a cpl copies of the mini brb around.
    Because they don't want to make the hobby about the rules of the game, they want it to be a hobby about collecting cool models, painting them and making a narrative around your armies.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Because they don't want to make the hobby about the rules of the game, they want it to be a hobby about collecting cool models, painting them and making a narrative around your armies.
    Also why give out any copies of the rules for cheap when ppl will pay for hardback art filled ones or rules plus models in a $115 box if they are forced to.

-------

I'm not sure I totally buy into the we're all about the models. Last few years they've been putting a ton of effort into rules writing. Rules, rules expansions, codex's, supplements are a pretty significant part of their business these days. They've jacked up the volume of rules writing a ton in the past few years. I think the rules are pretty important to them regardless of what is said. They are just taking the game in a direction that creates a lot of headaches for the tournament side of the community, and that's who tends to be the most vocal on the internet. But they seem to be working through it.
    Last edited by Ang56; 07-09-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Read the GW investor relations page
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

Is there a lore reason for Space Wolves to not have apothecaries? Not sure if I would want that in or not, probably though since most armies coming out have some access to FnP as long as it was limited.
    Wolf Priests have the Apothecary role. Maybe they will get FnP in the new codex.

Quote Originally Posted by templarboy View Post
    Wolf Priests have the Apothecary role. Maybe they will get FnP in the new codex.
    If you are dying, who are we to deny you Valhalla.
    If Odin has better plans for you, he will save you himself.

It bothers me that everyone seems to be jumping on board with lumping Eldar and Dark Eldar into one, the Eldar part of my collection cringes every time I see it done. They don't really like one another.

And I get what you mean with the "pick the armies in the boxes", but I can see some points against it as far as GW is concerned. When Assualt on Blackreach came out I bought 5 boxes to expand out my BA for Apoc, was a really cheap deal, and let me use a terminator formation after some bit orders, I also converted 4 of the dreads using spare parts in the Furioso Kits. Anyways, I started to ebay the orks, but since I had so many already I ended up picking up some stuff to fill it out and conversion bits to make a pretty decent little ork force.

That box set was a great deal just for the marines alone, but it got me to pull the trigger on collecting an army that I had always liked but hadn't started buying.

Though I probably won't pick this one up. If they had really wanted this to sell well, they'd have put in a new buggy kit or plastic wulfen, like when dark vengeance came out with the new cultists and hellbrute before the regular kits were out.

Oh I wasn't lumping, I was suggesting Eldar or Dark Eldar

Any updates?? I'm chomping at the bit for rumours and news!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    Oh I wasn't lumping, I was suggesting Eldar or Dark Eldar
    I didn't mean to sound as offended as I did at your post specifically :P Just there's been a lot of posts since 7th about running eldar and dark eldar together since 7th. I guess you just made me think of it and i included my thoughts on that while commenting on the box set.

@unionfootball - Also want more SW rumours

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast