BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFo View Post
    Its either combine both books into one, or expand on Grey knight and make them a fat codex army like everyone else, and I frankly don't see that ever happening.
    Rumors seem to indicate a Grey Knight codex.

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    W
    Codex: Grey Knights
    But only if more units are added. Do they have scouts? They need techmarines (as I recently saw in a special game 3000 pts vs 3 random stompas), access to the "regular" marine vehicles (or a reason why not)
    Grey Knights don't use Neophytes in battle, because they haven't completed their psychic training and such. And when they have completed it, they're too bad@$$ to be mere scouts, and just go straight into full service.

There's plenty of room for expanding the Grey Knights, but we don't need copied and pasted units from the vanilla Marine codex. We're Grey Knights, not Grey Marines. We can do stuff no other SM Chapter can hope to accomplish, and there's plenty of room to add in new units that reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by pchappel View Post
    Eh, the HQ are just the 2 levels of CPT/GM and the Fast Attack is the Troops with the teleport option Neat, but nothing like the variety of the Sisters or Inq... Just saying that the Knights, barring a major expansion, are the least likely to have reason for a major "stand alone" book and could be easily added into something else...
    Like I said, lots of room for expansion. Tweak the Brother Captain into a chaplain/librarian style HQ for uniqueness, differentiate the teleport squad from troop squads more, add in jetbikes (rumored to be true, standard caveats apply), make up an elite(er) non-terminator unit or two and you've got a decent list of units right there. And that's just off the top of my head. GW's bound to come up with some crazy stuff to fill in the rest.

Edit: When I say Chaplain/Librarian style HQ, I mean a 2 wound model with special rules, not specifically a Chaplain/Librarian. Every Grey Knight has the faith of a Chaplain, and the psychic skills of a Librarian.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Hoping you are right on the expansion of the Knights... a lot of room, like you say...

Veteran-Sergeant

I think that either the Inquisition should be completely cut as an army and to allow Sisters and Grey Knights their own book. Or, more conservatively... just make them an elites choice in both books.

Either way, they should not be the focus. It felt like GW was dredging up some crap from 1st/2nd/Inquisitor to release some half-assed 3rd edition books. (Which, to my memory, all of which were, due to the huge rule shift from 2nd)

I remember when Grey Knights were just Terminators, and had storm bolters on their sticks. I would love to see them evolve further.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Rumors seem to indicate a Grey Knight codex.
    If this is true, then maybe it will be a split book, like it is now.

Interesting... Hopefully GW makes GKs playable, and any new Sister units playable as well.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by murrburger View Post
    I think that either the Inquisition should be completely cut as an army and to allow Sisters and Grey Knights their own book. Or, more conservatively... just make them an elites choice in both books.

Either way, they should not be the focus. It felt like GW was dredging up some crap from 1st/2nd/Inquisitor to release some half-assed 3rd edition books. (Which, to my memory, all of which were, due to the huge rule shift from 2nd)

I remember when Grey Knights were just Terminators, and had storm bolters on their sticks. I would love to see them evolve further.
    Actually, the big reason was that they had just released Inquisitor, and was riding on the euphoria of that project. Sadly, neither the game, nor its spin off into 40k really took off. A shame too, as I really loved the rule set of Inquisitor, but the restriction of scale was a pain. Though, completely possible to play it on the 40k scale, which is, in my opinion, much more fun.
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Veteran-Sergeant

Well... there's always Dark Heresy. : )

I never played Inquisitor with models, anyways. They're too damn expensive, and the range isn't big enough. Like you said, I wish it was on the same scale as 40K.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by murrburger View Post
    Well... there's always Dark Heresy. : )

I never played Inquisitor with models, anyways. They're too damn expensive, and the range isn't big enough. Like you said, I wish it was on the same scale as 40K.
    The Inquisitor models were gorgeous. I still have my Covenant model on display, and I want to pick up Eisenhorn at some point. As far as the scale issue goes, it is easy enough to scale them down.
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Veteran-Sergeant

One of the problems you'd have with multiple codexes is that you're likely to be waiting a lot longer for your chosen army to get a new codex when the rules changed. Consequently they'll fall farther behind competitively and get less model releases.

The current ones are a case in point - they were written for third edition rules (which is why an Inquistor's transport land raider does not get the Assault Vehicle rule).

I doubt that the inquisition forces regardless as whether they appear in three separate codexes or just one are ever going to be treated as anything other than a third tier army in terms of the development attention the get.

But at least if they're in one codex then at least they may get more attention.

Chapter-Master

I think logistically a united codex would be the one GW would be least likely to f8ck up. I support all these armies and would love single codexes but am realistic, I would only have 3 wishes:

1. Arbites! Bring the law.

2. An inquisitor should be able to task an army with groups from all imperial forces - so Marines, Sisters, IG, and Arbites. A man that can have a planet destroyed without any further recourse to higher comand has the power to do this.

3. Daemonhosts should be less unpredictable and actually so good that, when they appear, the opponent soils themselves in fear. I would happily pay as much as a Bloodthirster to make something a little more Cherubael-esque. Maybe a daemon weapon to a la slaves to darkness?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345