BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default What to buy next, a discussion with myself. Input needed please!

I play Tau, Guard, GKs, Sisters, and Tyranids.

I got $100 coming to me that I can spend on warhammer. That may not seem like a lot, but I'm broke and 95% of my collection was bought last millennia.

I like my Tau the way it is, I can't think of anything I really need to buy for it, so that's out.

My guard is okay, I run all infantry with a bane blade and I have more then enough bodies to do so. So I'm good there.

I'm not sure about my sisters. I got them in a trade and they don't have many special weapons and no heavy weapons on the girls. I only have 1 sisters rhino so I am a long way away from having a decent army. I'm more leaning towards holding off on getting any more in hopes of plastic sisters and a better codex. Because I would need to buy lots of sisters which are expensive and I don't have the cash flow to fund that.

As for my GKs, I've needed to buy a terminator box for a while to get the right bits and to get more terminators. I know that box would make me really happy. However, I can't shake the feeling that its a little redundant because I'm rarely out of terminators for my lists.
    I'm also looking at a dreadknight because they're awesome! I think.
    I'm also drooling over a Storm Raven which just seems too good not to take. Would love to drop off a dreadnought into combat! Just for the giggles!

My nids, I found a really nice and nasty way to play with the models I already have. Rush forward and just overwhelm my opponent. It works really well! But, I can still see ways of improving it.
    I don't have any harpies/crones which seem to be the new black this edtion. They would really help me take out heavy armour.
    I don't have any gargoyles which would fit perfectly with my army. Great screen for my rushing army!
    I don't have a t-fex/tervigon which I keep eyeing for its power and utility.
    I could get the hive/tyrant guard pack which would give me lots of bits and I can convert them to biovores if I wanted.

So, I'm at a lost. I'm definatly leaning towards a GK or Nid purchase. I just have no idea what to get.

Veteran-Sergeant

As a BA player nothing is better than dropping a dreadnought out of a stormraven and watching eat face. Of course I normally do that with death company ones, but your should work too. Or having the stormraven fly up and drop a super melee squad right into combat.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Id second a stormraven, they are really cool. I use one in my BA jump army.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

Yeah, I'm definitely leaning towards the stormraven. I had a chat with a friend and he pointed out how awesome it would be to unload a unit of Purifiers into enemy lines for them to nuke everything with Cleansing Flame before charging in.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

hate to say this....but Im pretty sure grey knights no longer have cleansing flame
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Scout

Stormraven no doubt

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    hate to say this....but Im pretty sure grey knights no longer have cleansing flame
    Double check the FAQ. Purifiers and Crowe have Banishment, hammerhand, and Cleansing Flame.

Kinda makes me want to run a all purifier list.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    It's in the Sanctic (Daemonology) Discipline and Purifiers (and Crowe) get it automatically (along with a couple of other powers) without having to roll for it as per the Grey Knights FAQ:
    [url]http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/Grey_Knights_v1.0_May14.pdf[/url]

EDIT: Whoops, somehow didn't see that Halollet already mentioned it. My bad
    Last edited by hyudun; 07-08-2014 at 11:38 AM.

The flying hive tyrant and the crone kits are exceptional. I recommend those.

They still don't include those twin-linked devourers in the flying hive tyrant kit however...
    Check out another crappy 40K blog here: www.keepcalmandescapefromreality.blogspot.com

Scout

If you are on a budget and can't decide, there is always ebay. It's hard to find something you need at a price worth the cons of ebay shopping, but if you have an entire range of possibilities you should at least check it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast