BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BoLS Terrain

Now we just need to paint them. Can you actually transport those the BFG, Jim? I know Larry would love to take them on Thursday.

The Tahoe hold all, carries all.

But bring the paint instead-- the wife and kids are still in CA, so I can get them painted up during lunch, waiting for "compiling" or "a complex query to run".

Fly Lord

No prob Jim,

I'll bring several cans of spray, the gallon of drybrush grey, and another Imperial Sector that got left at my place. Basically I'll bring everything and you take what you want
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Default Just out of curiosity...

...what are you guys going to do with all this terrain when you're done? I mean, where do you store all that? Seriously?

Some will be on loan to people with tables in their houses, some will live in large tubs in my barn, and some will be glued to the inside of the roof of bigred's car, though he doesn't know about the last part, so don't tell him.

It helps to buy pre-mixed grey so it is consistent. Well, maybe not. I like to custom mix my grey. If you add in some ivory it changes the grey to a slightly warmer tone.

It's good to start by priming black (black automotive primer-- flat/matte is good) then put on a heavy drybrush of a charcoal grey. That will make the transition not so harsh. Then a mid-tone not quite so hard a drybrush. Then a final highlight just on the edges.

The details, washes and weathering. Very watered down paint works. This stage brings it to life. My $0.02.

Here's my Temple of Skulls. I finally got it done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0002.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	20   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0004.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	21  
    "It's rusty 'cause it's dirty." - Goatboy

Fly Lord

Turned out really great. I'm interested in seeing how the Manor Houses and towers for Fantasy turn out.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Turned out really great. I'm interested in seeing how the Manor Houses and towers for Fantasy turn out.
    Again, this is like, the fourth time I've offered, if you give me stuff to build/paint i'll get it done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12