BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Greetings and Salutations from Boston

Hello everybody. Just thought introduce myself after lurking for so long. I strictly play 40K and have the following armies fully painted:

Marines
    Chaos Space Marines
    Daemons
    Tyranids

I used to attempt competitive play but now just play games with buddies down at the Evil Dice club in Malden, MA, just outside of Boston. I'm still very into 40K, despite GW's many attempts over the years to force me away and into another game system. The hobbying aspect is my favorite part. I love to build, paint and convert and have just recently started building display boards for guys at the club and will be building a table for the club in the near future.

I also have a crappy 40K blog here: [url]http://keepcalmandescapefromreality.blogspot.com/[/url]
    Check out another crappy 40K blog here: www.keepcalmandescapefromreality.blogspot.com

Occuli Imperator

Hello and welcome aboard
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Thank you.

I understand not many people will be reading these introduction threads, but my girlfriend and I are currently at work on a gaming documentary and would like to gauge the community's interest in this sort of endeavor. We welcome any ideas or suggestions that the community may have regarding the theme of the game, the concept of war, peaceful resolutions of conflict that games provide and the craving of conflict.

What, ultimately, does the game provide for people and what does that have to do with war and conflict?
    Check out another crappy 40K blog here: www.keepcalmandescapefromreality.blogspot.com

Occuli Imperator

There are a few dedicated readers of these sorts of threads

Oh, after 5 posts you'll gain additional forum rights.

It is an interesting thing,I wonder how many people game without the thought of conflict. Anecdotally, in my gaming group (we also board game and what-not) it tends to be the co-op board games that we enjoy playing the most. Perhaps that is because we are all friends outside of gaming and having cross over interests.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Hello,
    come to the oubliette

Enjoy our tangents
    Also you might post a thread about your proposal down there.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

OK. Thanks for the dancing My Little Pony.

Chapter-Master

You're welcome

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness