BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by The_Gonk View Post
    Do you mean my post or the comments on the article? If you mean the article comments, I must admit I haven't read them!
    the comments in that article,

I mean between the rabid defense of pedophilia and the rampant vulgarity expressed against women, never mind the racism....Christ I'd happily put my fist through those peoples faces....Or something more permanent.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Another curious thing, relating to Cyril Smith....

There wasn't a great deal of political fall out from that. I mean....really? We live in an age where a politician farting in a lift will cause issues. But a child abuser is exposed, albeit post humously, and.....nothing]???
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Also, which is more reliable?

An online blogger who quotes Anny Rayndy, or the Jury who actually sat through the whole thing?
    Exactly, the jury will have access to more details than anyone in the media is actually bothering to report on, but this is the age of social media, where mob rule and short attention spans are the order of the day

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like you guys really need this to happen:

http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Exactly, the jury will have access to more details than anyone in the media is actually bothering to report on, but this is the age of social media, where mob rule and short attention spans are the order of the day
    I agree that the jury will almost certainly have had access to more details. Juries certainly aren't always reliable though. I think the thing that this threw up for me is that:
    1. I still think the jury probably made the right call (given that I don't know what I don't know)
    2. These historic cases are going to be extremely difficult to prove!

Think about it - On the charges that the jury found him guilty let's accept this, that all the allegations were true. In one of those cases no corroborating evidence that the event at which the assault happened could be found. Times were proven to be wrong in victim's memories and also locations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    the comments in that article,

I mean between the rabid defense of pedophilia and the rampant vulgarity expressed against women, never mind the racism....Christ I'd happily put my fist through those peoples faces....Or something more permanent.
    I definitely won't read them then!

Brother-Captain

This isn't the first time Harris has been accused, it's just coming to light that it's the first time the accusations have been thoroughly investigated. So when there are historical records of things being said at the time and then nothing done about it the witnesses look more reliable. I'd love to post quotes but I'm having real trouble locating this newspaper article in an online format. (Why oh why does the most widely sold print newspaper in my state have a website that is nearly unsearchable??)
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12