BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default GK: Karamazov-Callidas Psyk-out Bomb

Has anyone seen this tactic?

If you're commonly facing a psychic death star or similar this seems like a really good way to cause a wipe on the unit.

First this isn't cheap, it comes in at 345....with Karamazov and the Callidas Assassin.

The Callidas arrives from reserve, before placing her resolve D6 Str4 AP2 hits (pretty sure this will ignore cover too as there's no direction as such)

Then place the Callidas in amongst the unit.

In the shooting phase the Callidas unleashes the Neural Shredder vs. most units auto hitting and wounding on 3's and 4's, with ignores cover AP1

Then using Karamazov's "By Any Means Necessary" target the Callidas with a Psyk-out bomb, it's Str 6, Ord, Large Blast that auto causes Perils on any psyker hit.

Now the Callidas has a 50/50 chance of saving due to her invulnerable save, but with two wounds and T4 she's not going to be shredded by the blast anyway.

That's potentially 3 to 4 ignores armour and ignores cover wounds delivered to a unit inside one shooting phase.

The only negative I can see to this combo is that Karamazov's Orbital Attack surprisingly isn't Barrage, so he'll need LoS to the Callidas to pull it off...

If the Callidas survives for another turn you can do it all over again....followed by an assault from the assassin monster....
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Veteran-Sergeant

what uit do you mean? if i mind right you cant put any assassin in a unit.

I don't see any reason why this can't work, although I find it kind of funny that the Callidus is better at killing psykers now than the anti-psyker assassin. The neural shredder is a template weapon right? If so, then it can't be used on invisible units, but the other attacks will work just fine (and any jetbikes won't be able to jink for the orbital attack either, because they are not directly targeted). Hmm, a Witch Hunter who is good at killing witches...

Also, it probably isn't barrage because in order for him to call in the barrage accurately, he needs to act like an artillery spotter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Badtucker View Post

what uit do you mean? if i mind right you cant put any assassin in a unit.
    The callidus assassin is the shape-shifter one that uses a special drug (polymorphine) to take on the appearance of whatever species they are infiltrating, then appears and attacks the target unit. In game turns this means they appear from no-where and cause several hits on the unit, before being placed next to it.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    The callidus assassin is the shape-shifter one that uses a special drug (polymorphine) to take on the appearance of whatever species they are infiltrating, then appears and attacks the target unit. In game turns this means they appear from no-where and cause several hits on the unit, before being placed next to it.
    Ah i actualy thought you ment you would join it with a unit. hahah

Actually I'd never thought about this vs. Invisible units, but you're right as the Psyk-out bomb is targeting the callidas I guess they can take a hit I guess

I think it is actually rather nasty against invisible units, and one of the most reliable methods of damaging them I've yet seen, because most of the attacks are auto-hits or don't directly target the invisible unit and therefore ignore invisibility.
    Last edited by Haighus; 07-09-2014 at 03:37 PM.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

You can target your own models with shooting attacks?

Inquisitor Karamazov has a special rule allowing it.