BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I have a box that I used to use for warhammer bits to keep the tokens in. I am looking in to a card binder with side load pockets for the cards. I saw one guy use a tackle box to keep all his stuff, course that was before the huge ships.

they don't fit the Tie defenders at the moment, and they never respond to my emails, but the KR foam sets, when the arrive are great

I really like my battle foam for my ships, on the other hand the cards and templates and tokens the BF tray is god awful. I went to target and got tray stackers. they are expandable and $9 for two as my collection expands I can just add more bins to the bottom of it

Librarian

I magnetized the bases of my ships and use Star Wars lunch tins from Amazon.
    The pics show my first one. I now have a much larger Empire Strikes Back one for my Imperials that even fits Slave I along with all of my other ships.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yoda outside.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	9864Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yoda Inside with cards.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	303.9 KB 
ID:	9865Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yoda Inside with cards 2.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	284.6 KB 
ID:	9866Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ship magnet.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	235.7 KB 
ID:	9867

I like this idea. Only problem is you quickly need more than just a few boxes. I've done a similar idea with my 40K army where I put magnets on the bases, then added metal to the bottom of Plano boxes for them to stick to. That works pretty well.

That would work great for a Tournament setup. Your bringing a set number of ships and cards so you don't need anything huge. Plus the "Star Wars" box just matches the theme. And its small enough to fit in your carry-on in the event your flying to an event (keeping the grubby TSA hands OFF your very pilferable toys in the baggage area).
    Consider this idea LOOTED!!!! (yep, my 40K inner Ork is coming out again)

I am a cheap-skate so - for UK players -

[url]http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/product/3884823/?grossPrice=Y&cm_mmc=UK%7CShopping-_-Google+PLA-_-Stanley%7CCompartment+Boxes-_-3884823&kpid=&istCompanyId=f7e7b05b-2daf-4c0e-8825-3633baf8113b&istItemId=xitmqqipx&istBid=tztx&gclid =CO_RjP37x78CFdPLtAodeU8Apw[/url]

The inserts come out so the case is flexible. A bit of bubble-wrap and you are sorted.

Veteran-Sergeant

Game plans cancelled today so I spent the time indulging my O.C.D. by filling my new X-Wing Tackle box.

Name:	IMAG0078.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	10483

Name:	IMAG0079.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	10484

Name:	IMAG0080.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	195.3 KB 
ID:	10485
    It features a top and bottom layer, as you can see, with all the tokens, rules, dice (the stuff you need during play) on the top level. With the lower housing upgrade cards, movement dials, objectives for missions (all the stuff you take out to play, so I can keep the bottom closed and have the top opened during play). I use these Plano boxes all the time for bits, they work great, but it must be noted FF provides you with enough small ziploc bags you can easily separate your components (or start trafficking).

Name:	IMAG0081.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	177.6 KB 
ID:	10486

Battle-Brother
    Northern Quebec, Mistissini (near Chibougamau)

Name:	IMG_1673.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	10707Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1675.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	10708

currently using the starter set box as well as the millenium falcon and slave one boxes to transport all my ships and counters etc.

it fits neatly but it's getting a tad bit unwieldy to take to friends, though it's not too bad just yet, still fits in my backpack.
    though if i want to take the Tantive IV along then i'll need a extra box to put it in, so i tend not to transport that thing too much.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast