BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Actually the FAQ gives the warlord knight the characters trait as well now.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

the problem with knights isn't that they are hard or easy to kill, that depends on the army.

The problem is that some armies (note armies, not lists, but entire codexes) Have no means of countering them, literally nothing Nids have has a very good chance of taking a knight, and even if you do take the massed CC Carnifexes that MAY eventually catch and kill it then you are horrendously exposed to the rest of the opponents army.

This isn't a problem unique to nids, other armies are in the same boat. Its basically the same problem fliers had early 6th only exacerbated.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Gigglestomping them with haywire wyches is fun. That doesn't help 'nids I know.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Removing the entire wych squad as a result of the explosion is less fun.

Do they still get their 4++ vs the Stomp? If so not as fun for the Stomper...

It's an extra attack that happens in CC so we count it as yes they do.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Seems fair
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    This isn't a problem unique to nids, other armies are in the same boat. Its basically the same problem fliers had early 6th only exacerbated.
    Indeed. Pretty much exactly that. I expect as the other armies get released it will be mitigated significantly. I would love to do a Knight Household. I think the background and color schemes are just plain awesome. I have no desire to screw over my opponents by playing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    Do they still get their 4++ vs the Stomp? If so not as fun for the Stomper...
    I see no reason why they would not get it. It's not a D-weapon attack so all normal rules would apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    So in short, the same reasons as people who play Seerstars, or multiple wave serpents or any other combinations of units?
    I wish people would get over the effing Wave Serpent thing. It's the only dedicated transport in the book. What are they supposed to ride in? Yes, it's very good, but it is hardly unbeatable or as bad as something like Seerstar, Beaststar, etc. I might agree with you if they had gotten the Venom (which IMO they should have, or at least something like it for the combat aspects), but they didn't so we have to deal with it. As long as the Eldar player brings a decently fluffy army I have no issue with them riding in Serpents if they like.
    Last edited by silashand; 07-25-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    As long as the Eldar player brings a decently fluffy army I have no issue with them riding in Serpents if they like.
    The problem with Wave Serpents is you start seeing people take a 5-pack of Dire Avengers so they can buy their Serpent, and then 6+ Serpents on the table as the actual combat strength of the army. It was the same way with Blood Angels; 5-pack of Assault Marines, drop the jump packs to buy a reduced-price Las/Plas Razorback
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lorne Walkier View Post
    I have a question to you Knight players. How close is the fluff on this guy to the Green Knight in Bretonnian fluff? Could they be related? Is this some kind of good Daemon from the warp? Like a good guy version of Be'lakor?
    Ironically, I'm thinking about using Grenatius paired with Legion of the Damned as a Ghost themed army.

SJ

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast