BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    Ah very nice didn't notice that. I liked his fluff in the Knights codex so had a friend paint mine up like him. Cool that he now has special rules to go with.

Attachment 9842
    Very Nice. Both my knights are paladin versions. I was wanting to get a third and make it an Errant and this definitely makes me want to build that version .

Beats the Obsidian Knight all hollow, even at 125% of the cost.

I have a question to you Knight players. How close is the fluff on this guy to the Green Knight in Bretonnian fluff? Could they be related? Is this some kind of good Daemon from the warp? Like a good guy version of Be'lakor?

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post

Oh, what's that? It's even harder to kill? Great. Y'know one thing I've never heard? "Knights are really super easy to take down! I wish they had IWND and a 3+ invul instead!"
    Actually all the trolls and anti-fun bois said that a whole lot back in the weeks leading up to their initial release. Something about 375 points for something that'll die in turn 2 every game you'll ever play. But hey, why let facts (or previously posted opinions) get in the way of inciting drama?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lorne Walkier View Post
    I have a question to you Knight players. How close is the fluff on this guy to the Green Knight in Bretonnian fluff? Could they be related? Is this some kind of good Daemon from the warp? Like a good guy version of Be'lakor?
    Well this Green Imperial Knight seems far more mundane in both rules and fluff in that he seems to be a lone veteran guarding his land where as the bretonnian green knight is an ethereal entity going where ever he is needed. The similarity between the two is that they appear in times of peril, though the imperial knight is unlikely to be seen outside his protective domain where as if he were a warp entity he could appear on various planets rather than just the one.

Battle-Brother

This gives me even more of an excuse to buy a knight and paint him green.

I've been wanting to get one and paint him green for no reason but I guess I have one now

Librarian

I've played my share of games against Knights. They aren't super hard to take down IF you're prepared for them. I've played against knight-only armies, and let me make one point perfectly clear:

ARMIES MADE ENTIRELY OF KNIGHTS DO NOT NEED VARIETY. In my opinion, an all-knight army is simply the stupidest thing that GW has produced. It's an abomination. It's not that it's hard to beat, impossible to beat, or anything like that.. It's that it's not fun to play against. You either knock the Knights out because you know their gimmicks, or you're slaughtered because your army doesn't have enough anti-tank to deal with them. I don't care what upgrades or weapons they have, it's the platform that they're built on that makes them hard to deal with.

I'd be very, very happy if GW and Forgeworld stopped making Knights, apologized to the world for doing something this idiotic, and then released a FAQ that made them illegal to play. The game as a whole would miss nothing.

But, don't let my hot-headed rant interrupt your fun. I'm just a crazed knucklehead that witnessed one guy bring a 3-knight army against a guy that I had never seen before at my FLGS. He came in with his very well put together Mordian Guard army, most of it painted! He had Chimeras and Hellhounds and a Leman Russ or two, and was looking for a good, friendly game to dip his feet back into 40k.

I have not seen that player since. The Knights walked all over him, and I felt terribly, terribly bad for the guy. I wanted to deck the Knight player in the face for pulling that stupid stunt on a new player, and as a result, our community at my FLGS is weaker.

By all means, tell me how important it is to have more variety with harder-to-kill Knights on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lorne Walkier View Post
    You guys do realize that the Green Knight comes straight out of Arthurian legend, right? Go read Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, best bit of "Bertonnian" fluff you'll ever find.

I do approve of making a Green Imperial Knight. Add in some leafy bits from the wood elf range.
    Last edited by deinol; 07-10-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    But, don't let my hot-headed rant interrupt your fun. I'm just a crazed knucklehead that witnessed one guy bring a 3-knight army against a guy that I had never seen before at my FLGS. He came in with his very well put together Mordian Guard army, most of it painted! He had Chimeras and Hellhounds and a Leman Russ or two, and was looking for a good, friendly game to dip his feet back into 40k.
    So your definition of "good friendly game" is "bring only models I can easily kill" then? What if the other player had been playing Space Marines with any amount of Terminators (unless he had a Demolisher or Executioner, they're going to shrug off anything thrown at them). Or Flyers. Or Bikes. By the same token, 3 Knights is between 1110 and 1125 points. At that points level, nobody should be playing Leman Russes, because it's not fair to force people to bring weapons to breach AV 14 in that low of points. Unless the Knight player deliberately withheld information on what his army could do, your IG guy is a poor sport . . . or his gaming hours don't often coincide with your, did you ever think of that one?
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    So your definition of "good friendly game" is "bring only models I can easily kill" then? What if the other player had been playing Space Marines with any amount of Terminators (unless he had a Demolisher or Executioner, they're going to shrug off anything thrown at them). Or Flyers. Or Bikes. By the same token, 3 Knights is between 1110 and 1125 points. At that points level, nobody should be playing Leman Russes, because it's not fair to force people to bring weapons to breach AV 14 in that low of points. Unless the Knight player deliberately withheld information on what his army could do, your IG guy is a poor sport . . . or his gaming hours don't often coincide with your, did you ever think of that one?
    A good friendly game is one where someone knows they might have a chance of having any involvement. Getting wiped out by 3 Knights certainly doesn't count.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast