BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wow! The amount of Warp Charge Points of Gray Knights!

Today i faced the GK in two occasions and man, do they take the Psychic Phase to another level and i play Eldar!

My friends list had about, hmm...15 basic WCP´s!! Plus d6!!! i had like 6 plus d6...

Well i´m a post BATREPs on these, but anyone, who complains about the GK in the 7th edition, can shut the f___ up...

I´m really HOPING for a new codex for them and maybe a nerfbat, cos lord have mercy, next time, don´t bother to bring psykers...

BUT...that doesn´t mean they won the matches ...the SPEEEEEEED is on my side my friends...

To top this off, i saw in some BATREP, that there should be a MAX on the dice you can get, like 10 + d6...

I play Eldar, and I think this might be fare, what´s your opinion?
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Chapter-Master

Grey Knights are the only army that actually benefited from the new psychic phase. Everyone else took a net nerf. Not that GKs can do the crazy stuff the Seer Council and the like could do, but they're a top psychic army.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Vyper View Post
    Today i faced the GK in two occasions and man, do they take the Psychic Phase to another level and i play Eldar!

My friends list had about, hmm...15 basic WCP´s!! Plus d6!!! i had like 6 plus d6...

I play Eldar, and I think this might be fare, what´s your opinion?
    Just diving into the psychic shenanigans this weekend. I'll be running an 1850 Eldar list with a Warp Charge base of 18+d6. I'll let you know how it goes!

Cool, go get em!
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Grey Knights are the only army that actually benefited from the new psychic phase. Everyone else took a net nerf. Not that GKs can do the crazy stuff the Seer Council and the like could do, but they're a top psychic army.
    What about the deamon summoning things?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I was just thinking that, daemons got a huge buff. And Orks got a buff really; not a huge one but their weirdboys did, no more wondering if your head's going bang on a random roll like before, or whether they'll just zapp themselves into the warp with 'ere we go never to return: misshaped in one game with Gazzy and some nobs only to roll a '1' and die. At least now they are like any other psyker.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Battle-Brother

Is each grey knght troop considered a psycher now? Yikes. I need to go check out the faq.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Vyper View Post
    ...HOPING for a new codex for them and maybe a nerfbat...

BUT...that doesn´t mean they won the matches
    No, just no.

The call for Grey Knights to be nerfed is so tiresome. Yes they are over powered, yes they are unbalanced, and yes they have half the models on the table as their opponent. Like Imperial Knights, that is how they were designed and intended to play.

It's not surprising that the only army in the game which devotes every. single. model. to psychic training is the best at psychic abilities.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDraper View Post
    Is each grey knght troop considered a psycher now? Yikes. I need to go check out the faq.
    never been different (well at least not since Codex: Daemonhunters days...) - it's only much more relevant now that before when it basically just gave them an extra special rule per squad (which might be what happens to them on a hypothetical update since every single unit adding Warp Charges is a bit wonky in terms of balance - super strong against some armies like Eldar or Nids and completely irrelevant/worse of than before against Crons and Tau due to the loss of reliability)
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    It's gamebreaking, but that's a broken power, not a broken psychic phase. It would have been ten times worse with the same powers last edition. Plus, it's gamebreaking more in the sense that you spend hours on bookkeeping the clunky mechanics and the gameplay just bogs down in stupidity as opposed to being unbeatable on the table, though it is a crazy list if you don't know what to do against it or don't have the right army to face it.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast