BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Make Maelstrom better...maybe like this?

Hi!

Today, we played a match with Maelstrom rules...

And i am known to like these missions, but a friend of mine does not, so after the game, we tossed ideas around and these are the ideas what we came up with...

- The scoring should be after the OPPONENT´S turn
    (fe. in turn 1, who goes first scores in the end of the game turn and so on, and in the last game turn, who went 2nd scores then the last points)

- Kingslayer
    Should be 1p, if the WL is ALREADY killed in previous turns and d3, if killed after the card was pulled from the deck
    (no last round, "Oh i killed him on turn 2 and get 3 points" nonsense)

- If there´s no fliers/flying MC´s to kill on board = pick another card / this is (almost) a house rule...

- Remove the "Generate a psychic power" -card...

Darn it, there was loads of more, but the beer and the time of the night makes meeee forggeeeettt....

Any ideas? Because, we have to house rule these later on...

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

The catch is: Unbound. (which probably isn't a catch, but in case it is...)

Some of these oddball objectives are there to try and keep things like the Unbound armies from just being idiot lists. If you show up with nothing but a stack of baneblades you'll never be able to generate a psychic power, or assault an enemy, or whatever...

I know, a lot of people refuse to play Unbound because of said idiot lists, but that doesn't change the fact the design team still has to write rules with Unbound as an option.

That said if you guys refuse to play unbound, you don't have to worry about that sort of thing. Just remember, new units, FOCs, and formations come out, you'll essentially be playing Unbound anyway eventually. Unless you decide to only play against CADs...
    Last edited by Ghostofman; 07-10-2014 at 05:46 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

We have been playing like the following, and enjoyed it:

Place 6 objectives. Controlling these are worth 1 vp at the end of the game.
    Use the 3 secondary objectives
    And
    maelstrom cards. Deal out 6 cards face up at the beginning of the game, both players use these to score points instead of having individual hands. At the end of each player turn, the player can discard 1 card and then fill it back up to 6. We've found it helps mitigate 1 person just drawing better cards.