BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pask Punisher?

Default Pask Punisher?

So I know that the Punisher is not a great new russ option in the new codex but I am considering it with Pask for an all mech list in lue of not having and hydra models available. I recently tried it and was pleasantly surprised in a game against my friends nids when it took down, 19 gaunts in one shot, a wounded carnifex, and a unit of ravenors.

What do you guys think of this? I know that with Pask and the heavy bolters it comes out to 250pts (2k list btw) but it seems to provide the high volume of fire that I need for the list. So would you say its a worthy investment in this situation or do you have a better option that I'm maybe overlooking?

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm considering pask and an Executioner for that high BS, means more dead marines

Heavy 20, whats not to like?

Meh, there's better choices for him, all he does in a Punisher is make up for one of the two glaring weaknesses of the tank- he let's it hit more often to let it offset the BS3, but at the same time it is still AP-.

I like him best in an Exterminator. An effective 4 shot Twin-Linked Missile Launcher, backed up by 9 S6 shots- take that Wave Serpents!

Hmm... is it worth Taking Creed and Pask in a Punisher to go WTF? and start tank hunting? I know the odds are against it, but I'd love to see someone's face when that thing is aimed at the Rear Armour of something :O

Brother-Captain

Punisher is fail, Pask or no Pask. Too pricey, not enough oomph, AP-

Stick him in an Executioner, now that's fun.

What benefit is pask in the executioner? It moves one less inch but doesnt take advantage of bs4.

Quote Originally Posted by CKO View Post
    What benefit is pask in the executioner? It moves one less inch but doesnt take advantage of bs4.
    And you'd get the re-roll against monstrous creatures. But yeah, that's about it. You'd also have a 300 point tank...

Brother-Captain

A plasma cannon that actually hurts vehicles, they won't see that coming.

Battle-Brother

I enjoy many of the articles put out by the fine Gentlemen of BoLS. I find their articles very insightfull, and helpfull. But, they arn't allways right.

I am sick and tired of people saying the Punisher is crap. I ask them why it's crap, and they say "Because BoLS says so."

I play a Marine army, and I respect the Punisher. The Punisher (with Hvy. Bolters) can easily wipe out a 5 man combat squad, or put a serious dent in a full 10 man tac squad. The thing can even put the hurt on Terminators, afterall, I've seen Terminators drop to las fire.

The Punisher is a must in any tounament list. (in my opinion) It's Ok vs power armoured and high toughness armies, and it's fantastic vs hoard/low save armies. In a All-Commers list, it's versatility makes it a great choice.

No AP you Say? who cares, most your targets are getting a 4+ cover save anyway. Doesn't work against Enemy Armour? guess you will just have to bring another tank, or Hvy. Weapon teams. Oh, you were bringing both those anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast