BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    I'm calling absolute BS on the entire stacking thing.
    If guard can't, nid's better not be able to either!
    Eldar have been able to do it since 4th, so its not exactly a new rule. Besides, if my opponent is fielding 2 200+ point models that go down to 6 krack missles, I wouldn't be the one complaining. Kill the tyrants and reserves aint a problem.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrandus View Post
    Eldar have been able to do it since 4th, so its not exactly a new rule. Besides, if my opponent is fielding 2 200+ point models that go down to 6 krack missles, I wouldn't be the one complaining. Kill the tyrants and reserves aint a problem.
    Good luck takin them down in turn 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azaghul View Post
    I'm calling absolute BS on the entire stacking thing.
    If guard can't, nid's better not be able to either!
    Wow, that's the best reason ever to ignore the special rules printed in a Codex!

Bonus to reserves rolls from different special rules always stack, but don't always work in multiples of the same rule.

Just to recap:

Doesn't stack in multiples
    Astropaths: As long as an Astropath is on the table, you add +1.
    Lictors: As long as a Lictor is on the table, you add +1.

Does stack in multiples
    Autarchs: As long as the Autarch is alive, you may choose to add +1 to reserves this turn.
    Hive Tyrants: As long as the Hive Tyrant is alive, you add +1.
    Swarmlords: As long as the Swarmlord is alive, you add +1.

Doesn't work at all, RAW
    Deathleaper: As long as Deathleaper is on the table, you add +0 if no actual Lictors are on the table (until FAQ'd)

Quote Originally Posted by foostoofoo View Post
    Good luck takin them down in turn 1
    I'd say the right Gaurd or SM army could do it. Bring enough missile launchers/lascannons, or double melta wolf gaurd in pods.

Occuli Imperator

Guard would have the best chance with Autocannon teams using "bring it down."

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Guard would have the best chance with Autocannon teams using "bring it down."

Duke
    I gues you meant "missle launcher teams"?

cause allowing a 3+ save and only wounding on 3+ instead of 2+ just to double your shots is not really worthwhile.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xas View Post
    I gues you meant "missle launcher teams"?

cause allowing a 3+ save and only wounding on 3+ instead of 2+ just to double your shots is not really worthwhile.
    Well, autocannons do work pretty well due to their rate of fire and how cheap they are, but I'd still prefer ML and HKMs. If I played guard.

For Tau, a Skyray or two, plus a bunch of markerlights in other units would work pretty well. Really well, in fact. A pair of Skyrays and enough other markerlights could kill 3-4 Carnifexes/Hive Tyrants quickly. Ion Cannons would work well, too.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12