BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default +1 to reserves rolls accumalative?

One of the new new upgrades for the hive tyrant (hive commander I believe) gives you a +1 to your reserves rolls

Now I know that 2 upgraded hive tyrants give you +2 to your reserves rolls (Compliments of a BoLS battle report)

So my question is; does a single upgraded hive tyrants effect combine with the deathleapers equivalent ability?

So does one hive commander and a death leaper give you +2 to your reserves rolls?

Thanks in advance

Both abilities are called differently. They are provided by different units and they require a living Tyrant and a living and on the table Lictor.

I don't see any reason why they should not be cumulative.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, the Tyrant and the Lictors abilities stack.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Librarian

Rules provided by different listings do. Rules provided by copies of the same don't.

An Astropath or Autarch pair won't (based on FAQ Imp Guard), but as others have said a Tyrant and Lictor would.

Yah.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

Don't forget Swarmlord, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Nurgle View Post
    Rules provided by different listings do. Rules provided by copies of the same don't.

An Astropath or Autarch pair won't (based on FAQ Imp Guard), but as others have said a Tyrant and Lictor would.

Yah.
    Not always true, it depends on the wording.

Astropaths don't stack, because it says "if there is an Astropath", so multiples don't stack.

Autarchs, if you check the Eldar FAQ, do stack, because it says "while the Autarch is alive". Also note that the bonus from the Autarch is voluntary, so can be changed on a turn-by-turn basis.

So multiple Hive Tyrants stack, but Lictors only give +1, regardless of how many Lictors/Death Leapers there are. So between Hive Tyrant/s, Lictors and/or Swarmlords, a Tyranid player can get up to a +3 bonus on reserves (not that any more than +2 will help).

How come multiple HT stack but lictors don't? Can someone explain to me please?

"If a Lictor is on the board at the beginning of his movement phase, the Tyranid player may add +1 to his reserve rolls."
    "...whilst the Hive Tyrant is alive you add +1 to reserve rolls."

The rules mention the (the specific model) HT, but a ('at least one') Lictor.

Lictors are the same as astropaths with there +1 reserve rule wording, while tryants are like autrachs where that model has to be alive

as for the lictor/death leaper, im not sure bout that, dont have the nid dex on me so i cant tell, but wouldnt they stack if the rule states "as long as a lictor is alive" since the death leaper is only a lictor when applying RAI, but RAW the death leaper is the death leaper, not a lictor, of course they dont stack if it says as long as a lictor or deathleaper is alive(or lictor/deathleaper) i might be wrong as i dont have the dex with me atm.

Brother-Captain

I'm calling absolute BS on the entire stacking thing.
    If guard can't, nid's better not be able to either!
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast