BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Stealth Suits and 7ED

So......with 7th Edition.....Stealth Suit teams.....YAY or NAY? And why?

Nay. Because they're not Crisis Suits or Riptides...

Oh, okay. In themselves they're a good unit, but fall to AP3 Flamers or Ignores Cover fire very quickly. Their weaponry is the same grade you have on your Troops, aside from the very limited Fusion Blaster option that doesn't have the volume to really count. They don't work so well when played aggressively, and generally just aren't as able to annihilate squads as a Riptide, or to be tailored to slaughter a particular target like a Crisis Suit...
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Brother-Sergeant

I think they are a great unit, I've always really liked them. But there are better performing units in those slots as coffeegrunt said. So it's hard to include them over the other choices.

I may start using them again sometimes though with the easy access to multiple FOC's who knows.

You're living in the unbound age, why you haven't melted down all your other minis into Riptides is beyond me.

Battle-Brother

I've found stealth suits pretty inefficient. They'd be much more useful if they were invisible to the opponent

Battle-Brother

they can deepstrike or infiltrate behind enemy lines AND score now (like they used to) so I think that helps them out a lot.

burst cannons fire an extra shot compared to last edition's codex, fusion blasters (should you choose to upgrade them) have a better range, and stealth/shrouded is still nice.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Nay. Because they're not Crisis Suits or Riptides...

Oh, okay. In themselves they're a good unit, but fall to AP3 Flamers or Ignores Cover fire very quickly. Their weaponry is the same grade you have on your Troops, aside from the very limited Fusion Blaster option that doesn't have the volume to really count. They don't work so well when played aggressively, and generally just aren't as able to annihilate squads as a Riptide, or to be tailored to slaughter a particular target like a Crisis Suit...
    Personally I'd run them with pure burst cannons for anti infantry firepower and leave the anti tank options for other units.
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Quote Originally Posted by Krefey View Post
    Personally I'd run them with pure burst cannons for anti infantry firepower and leave the anti tank options for other units.
    I feel Crisis Suits are superior anti-infantry units vs Stealth Suits. Though I can see a few situations where Stealth Suits could be neat.

For Anti-Infantry Crisis Teams I run:

3x Crisis Suits
    Each with Double Burst Cannons and a Flamer
    +6 Gun Drones, all for 213 points.

24 Burst Cannon Shots @ BS3 and 12 Pulse Carbine Shots @ twin-linked BS2

I personally like putting a flamer on them to stop people from charging them as 3D3 auto hits + their other weapons shooting tend to stop chargers (unless they're MEQ but you don't bring a unit like this vs MEQ...)

If the primary weapon of a Stealth Suit could be chosen from the Weapon System List? Yeah, then I'd start taking them. But 1 in 3? newp!