BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1850 GT Marines list Need help!!! Comp kills deathstar

Hi folks. So the tournament is the Michigan Gt and the rules for armies are a bit odd.

Armies will consist of 1850 points or less.
    Armies will have a single Combined-Arms detachment (CAD) (p. 122), Ork Horde detachment (Codex Orks), or Inquisitorial detachment (Codex Inquisition) as its primary detachment
    Armies may include one (1) other non-CAD, including but not limited to an Allied detachment (p. 122), Formation (p. 121), or Inquisitorial detachment.
    Armies may only draw from two “sources” maximum. A “source” is any publication labeled as a “Codex,” “Supplement,” or “Formation.”
    Fortifications from Stronghold Assault will be used (along with upgrades), with the exception of Massive
    Fortifications and Fortification Networks.
    Lords of War are not allowed.
    Even if they are Battle Brothers, Independent Characters may not join units from a different detachment.
    40k approved Non-Lord of War Forgeworld units are allowed but are 0-1 choices.
    No Knight Codex as well.

So this here"Even if they are Battle Brothers, Independent Characters may not join units from a different detachment." kinda murders any deathstars I had going.
    Ill drop the list I have come up with but I need some real help with parts of it.
    In this list im thinking of just having tiggy have to cast powers on the unit without being in it... sadly that means they cant ever get ignores cover... going to limit the powers they get. But it lets them have the 6 feel no pain and the chapter master up front tanking. with the iron hands chapter tactics.
    Also not sure if I want to go iron hands for the 6 FNP or the iwnd on vehicles.
    If I went white scars i could get higher hammer of wrath on the bikes and moving thru cover. The entire army minus the centurions though would also get hit and run. Helps alot in case I do get charged by something and survive. but still means tiggy outside the unit to cast powers on.

I had a small thought of taking a captain with stormshield and artificer armor on foot and putting it in the centurions with tiggy. I would have to go main force as ultramarines though then the allied choice is the bikes and vehicles and misc...That also leaves the HQ tank and the centurions without any FNP though. Oh and it means I have to switch one stormtalon to ultramarines tactics too.... can only have 1 fast attack on allies.
    Need some help!!!

* Chapter Tactics
    Iron Hands

* Chapter Master (250pts)
    Artificer Armor (20pts), Bike (20pts), The Shield Eternal (50pts), Thunder Hammer (30pts)

* Bike Squad (Troops) (125pts)
    2x Meltagun (20pts), 4x Space Marine Biker (84pts)
    * Biker Sergeant (21pts)
    Bolter

* Bike Squad (Troops) (135pts)

2x Grav-gun (30pts) (Graviton), 4x Space Marine Biker (84pts)
    * Biker Sergeant (21pts)
    Bolter

* Tactical Squad (85pts)

Missile Launcher (15pts), 4x Space Marine (56pts), Space Marine Sergeant (14pts)

* Stormtalon Gunship (125pts)

Skyhammer Missile Launcher (15pts), Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

* Stormtalon Gunship (125pts)

Skyhammer Missile Launcher (15pts), Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

* Centurion Devastator Squad (350pts)
    3x Centurion (180pts), Centurion Sergeant (70pts), Chest Missile Launcher (10pts), 3x Grav-cannon and grav-amp (60pts), Omniscope (10pts), Twin-linked Lascannon (20pts)

* Predator (75pts)
    Autocannon

* Stalker (75pts)

Space Marines: Codex (Allied Detachment) Selections:
    * Chapter Tactics
    Ultramarines
    * Chief Librarian Tigurius (165pts)

* Legion of the Damned Squad (155pts)
    4x Legionnaire (100pts), Meltagun (10pts), Multi-Melta (10pts),
    * Legionnaire Sergeant (35pts)
    Bolt Pistol, Boltgun, Combi-weapon (10pts)

* Tactical Squad (85pts)

Missile Launcher (15pts), 4x Space Marine (56pts), Space Marine Sergeant (14pts)

* Thunderfire Cannon (100pts)
    Last edited by Hapes; 07-11-2014 at 11:00 AM.

With the talons you're taking in the IH detachment, I haven't benefitted that much from IWND in my experience. The cents are usually fine without it themselves and going UM primary allows your talons and extra stuff to benefit from Tiggy's ability for reserves manipulation. Have you thought about adding another UM Libby to try for Endurance? If you have the CM go Clan Raukaan the combination of the Gorgon's Chain and Endurance gives your Chapter Master a 3+ feel no pain on T5 models and Life Leech is great for picking on a soft unit to grow wounds back on the CM, Tiggy, and Cents so long as the model you want to give a wound back to is within 6" of the psyker casting it. If you drop the pred and stalker and go with the CM running an Axe of Medusa/Gorgon's Chain, you can give Rhinos to your tac squads and possibly have enough for a Lvl 2 UM Libby to feed Tiggy warp charges and have some more rolls on powers that could come in handy in a pinch.

Can't have the centurions different tactics then the chapter master as I wouldnt be able to join them into the sqaud. Also if i switch the UM to the main I lose a tactical squad that I have to make UM as well then.
    I do like the gorgons chian and the clan Raukaan warlord traits.

If I went another librarian feel like he should be an IH version? That way he could be in he squad with the centurions and chapter master.

Battle-Brother

I would question joining the centurions to the bike CM as they are going to slow the CM down. If possible, put them with together: tiggy & Ultramarine centurions makes a centurionstar. With the melta bike squad, grave bike squad, thunderfire cannon, and ML foottroops, you are putting a lot of pain on the ground troops. Possible idea; drop pred (kind of redundent) and stalker (+ 150 points) and add a biker command squad with apothecary (-150) points. stormshields on the command squad are not too expensive; if you can find the means to give the squad 2 of them (20 points) its even better. Now you have two deathstars on the board and neither is hamstrung by the speed of any of their members.