BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I want lots of Kniggits.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Dunno dude. There's quite a size difference.
    Does there need to be though? At the very least, going to downsize the carapace top; it looks like the Lancer was getting dressed in a hurry and put on a carapace 2 sizes too big. The legs are also insanely long- I was not aware of just how long until this composition shot. At the same time, the regular Knight legs look too stubby in that shot, could be the angle.

Looking at it, what I plan to do for a Lancer is add a 3rd joint to the legs (giving it a minor height increase as well as the increased stride length), and a beefed-up reactor plant, with higher stacks to get back a bit of the height. I'm not concerned about it being not big enough, as even with terrain pieces built to give cover to flyers, I have yet to get a Knight completely out of LOS.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Brother-Captain

I want lots of Kniggits.
    You and me both! I want FW to do 40k sized versions of all the old Epic variants and I want all of them!
    Last edited by Brakkart; 07-14-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    personally I want two paladins, an errant, a lancer, and whatever that gatling gun knight is
    Pretty much the same for me:

Paladin
    Paladin
    Errant
    Lancer
    Gerantius

1975 pts

Chaplain

I want lots of Kniggits.
    Just say "Ni!"...

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    Pretty much the same for me:

Paladin
    Paladin
    Errant
    Lancer
    Gerantius

1975 pts

All that is more than 2k pts. While there is a notable size difference between the gw knight and that of the forgeworld one, if you've seen the epic version of each it's perfectly understandable. Though I do like the aesthetics of the gw one, forgeworlds just like kinda gaudy to me... would have just preferred a gw knight with longer legs

Quote Originally Posted by Duo Sonata View Post
    All that is more than 2k pts.
    Ah, miscalculated slightly. 2015pts to be exact. Still, that's what I want and what I am going to buy (and probably one of the mega-bolter versions when it comes out as well).
    Last edited by silashand; 07-15-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Does there need to be though? At the very least, going to downsize the carapace top; it looks like the Lancer was getting dressed in a hurry and put on a carapace 2 sizes too big. The legs are also insanely long- I was not aware of just how long until this composition shot. At the same time, the regular Knight legs look too stubby in that shot, could be the angle.

Looking at it, what I plan to do for a Lancer is add a 3rd joint to the legs (giving it a minor height increase as well as the increased stride length), and a beefed-up reactor plant, with higher stacks to get back a bit of the height. I'm not concerned about it being not big enough, as even with terrain pieces built to give cover to flyers, I have yet to get a Knight completely out of LOS.
    Always consider the douche gamer. They who will insist you've done something for a competitive advantage.

Sucks I know, but anything to shut them up/out is probably worth it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Always consider the douche gamer. They who will insist you've done something for a competitive advantage.

Sucks I know, but anything to shut them up/out is probably worth it.
    I don't really care what they think. They can b*tch all they want as long as they want. If they don't want to play against me it's no sweat off my back. If they are like that then I am likely better off not playing them in the first place. JMO...

Broke down and ordered a Lancer... my poor wallet

Initiate

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	156825026.h5JwPe2Z.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	10352It was bull**** what my 'friend' pulled on me. He dropped a hint before I showed up to get a game of 1850, that he was bringing "six models on turn one." All he did was bring the lancer, a dreadknight, two Land Raiders, and GK termies and combat squad, then dump a Stormraven on 2 when he knew I owned no anti-air. There was absolutely no point to the whole game. I killed two models before it was over and he had effectively tabled me. The only real reason I can think that he wanted to show up was to bully me, show off his $200 hunk of forgeworld rubbish, and insult me in front of all the other club members.
    Last edited by dfrockb; 08-02-2014 at 01:49 AM.
    "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse." - Inquisitor Titus Drake

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast