BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: sprays for 40k

Battle-Brother

Default sprays for 40k

I want to know has anyone used other brands of spray paints on there models besides GamesWorkshop and Army painter.
    I was looking around at a RC hobby store and i saw tamiya Spray cans, Has anyone used them before on there models. If so can you post a picture on how they look on the models. The colors i would like to see are Blue, Red, Green And yellow but pictures of other colors are fine to. Also i would like to see other brands of spray paint for white,black,gray and blue.

Usually any flat spray paint will turn out looking good on models. In the last few weeks I have tried out the Valspar flat paints available at Lowes and have been very happy with the results. They have some perfect colors for some of the standard armies out there as well.

You should check out the Army Painters stuff. Their sprays are color matched to their paints.

Brother-Sergeant

Be wary of the RC paints. They are usually formulated for the Lexan bodies and bond to the plastic. It might chew up styrene something fierce.

I use Rustoleum primer. The black works great, even in this crazy Massachusetts humidity. I haven't used any other colors for that brand. Krylon is another good one, but not so much in the humid weather.
    Check out another crappy 40K blog here: www.keepcalmandescapefromreality.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

any of you guys used Tamiya sprays on space marines before? if so post pictures on here so i can see