BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: My First Ork

Default My First Ork

I just wanted to share this with you guys and see what you think. How does it look? How can I improve it?

- - - Updated - - -

And here's some fluff for my Orks.

They are from the System of Calak. The system is almost entirely controlled by Orks after a Waaagh a 250 years ago wiped out most of the Human population. The Over-Boss (A massive Ork able to clobber all his vassals.) of Calak runs a very loosely centralized Feudal Empire. When the Boss calls 15 major Ork tribes answer, that is when the tribes aren't fighting each other.

The Boy above belongs to the Gold Axes tribe. They are the richest of the 15 tribes. As you can see from their copper and brass weaponry (Very rare and valuable to the Orks of the Calak system.).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	268.4 KB 
ID:	9935   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	156 
Size:	269.0 KB 
ID:	9936  
    Last edited by elcheapodeca; 07-13-2014 at 10:29 PM.

The pic of the front is a little blurry, but overall looks pretty good. I like the minimalism in the scheme. It is almost a little too drab however, though I think with some sprucing up on the base that might bring it some life.

Default Here's another

This boy is a vassal of a minor tribe know as the Kar-Meks. They maintain and build many vehicles. Note his dirty pants and the rip in the back of his pants.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	99 
Size:	213.8 KB 
ID:	10019   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	85 
Size:	205.3 KB 
ID:	10020   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	86 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	10021