BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by spagunk View Post
    No way jose, I have my space hulk termies in front of me and they don't look anything like those do.

Edit: However a lot of the iconography and bling do LOOK like they are from the space hulk kit including rehashed poses.
    This is why they need to hire me as a design consultant. After my 5 eye surgeries, if I say that they're the same model then they need to go back to the drawing board. I've got more sets of the space hulk terminators than I know what to do with. Why release a bunch of terminators that, for all intents and purposes, look JUST like them except the bling on them is a bit different.

Lazy CAD work if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    In one of the groupshots in the electronic codex preview, the old miniatures for Mephiston, Dante and Corbulo are visible.

Edit: Here
    <snipping that loathable website's hosted image>

Mephi's on right, in front of Land Raider Crusader. Dante's with the Sanguinary Guard, and Corb's to the left of the grounded storm raven.
    In other words, Mephiston, Dante or Corbs aren't getting new models it seems.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

I've found the releases with codex books to be rather boring and conservative really, but if the recent tyranid release is anything to go by, then maybe these armies will get new/exciting stuff later on down the road.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

From [url]http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/12/40k-breaking-new-blood-angels.html[/url]

Are those Jump packs on the assault squad in the front from the Vanguard Vet kit? I've personally not seen those before.

EDIT: Nvm, they are. I'm dumb.
    Last edited by spagunk; 12-06-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Fly Lord

via warseer's[URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/forum.php"] Iuchiban[/URL] 12-8-2014
    Blood Angels Codex Rules
    First the big stuff!
    Death Company is now elite as DC dreadnought
    Predator Baal is Heavy Support
    Librarian Dreadnought is HQ
    Mephiston is HQ and IC
    All units have now Furious Charge
    Only troop choices are Tactical squads and scouts.
    No new units. No Centurions and no talons.

Unit Tweaks
    - Dante's Axe is +2S, AP2, mastercraft and NOT unwieldy, and he's Eternal Warrior
    - Special rules for Death Company: FC, Fearless, Relentless, FnP, Rage. They cannot reroll to wound if chaplain in the unit. Only Astorath gives them this ability.
    - No terminator armour for DC. But there are good news, Jump packs are now only +3 points. On the other hand their WS has been downgraded to 4.
    - No squadrons for Dreads. "Standard" dreads are now Elite, Furiosos and DC dreads too. Librarian dreads are HQ.
    - Tacticals As usual + new options. They can get anti-air missiles BTW.
    - No more Land Raider as dedicated transports for everybody, just for termies.
    - Vanguard Veterans cannot charge after Deep Strike
    - Sanguinor pretty the same but: gets only 4++, re-rolls to hit and wound in challenges
    - Sanguinary Priests costs about the same as a Wyvern, are HQ, and units they joins get +1WS and FnP. The are IC btw.

Warlord Traits
    1. Warlord gets Rampage
    2. Warlord gets +1 I
    3. One Warlord's weapon gets mastercrafted
    4. Warlord gets Adamantium Will
    5. Warlord gets Descent of the Angels (Dante's trait)
    6. Warlord gets 12" fearless bubble

Psychic Powers
    Primaris: Blessing. +D3 to A and I to psyker or target character at 12"
    1. Malediction. Target unit at 12" takes a Moral test with -2
    2. Blessing. Target unit at 18" gets Rage. If they had already that rule, they get +1A instead
    3. Blessing. Psyker and his unit get 5++
    4. Focussed witch fire. Target makes 2 T tests. Take one W for each failed test. If targed dies, place 5" blast with S4 and AP5.
    5. Beam.12" S8, AP1 Lance 6"Blessing. Targe infantry unit, moves 12" in the psychic phase. No charging after this movement.

Fast Vehicles
    - Rhinos
    - Razorbacks
    - Baal Predators

Detachment
    Mandatory: 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 2 Troops
    Optional: As usual, but 3 additioanl Elite (Total 4)
    Special rule: +1I when charging, all the army, any turn. I see in the pictures of the codex there is nothing coming after the termie kit. Librarian is separate from the kit.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

OH **** NO!

**** GW who let some idiot use the 3rd ed micro-codex as a guide. EVERY other edition, EVERY SINGLE DAMNED OTHER EDITION we have had god damned jump packs in troops, HOW ****ING HARD WAS IT TO LEAVE THAT ALONE

I suppose I should be grateful they didnt COMPLETELY murder sanguinary priests.

Stupid detachment should have been 2 FA instead of troops. Guess I'm going to have to run my army unbound

nice to see they have also managed to destroy the last vestiges of the Chaplain+DC concept. Well done GW good job, Dickheads!

edit: Now if scouts have access to land speeder storms then MAYBE this isn't a complete waste of effort....
    Last edited by daboarder; 12-08-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Death Company is now elite as DC dreadnought
    Then why are they troops in Deathstorm?

Chapter-Master

Here's my post from B&C, where I read the news first:

Pros
    • No centurions. I don't like those guys. I don't want them in my codex. I don't want to be tempted to buy them so I can win games and then spend hours working on how to fix the issues that make the models look awful.
    • New Dante. I can see myself using him now.
    • Librarian dreadnought HQs. This sounds amazeballs.
    • New Mephiston sounds great.
    • Heavy flamers and AA missiles on tac squads are awesome.
    • Psychic powers look like fun.
    • New detachment sounds awesome. The return of I 4 on the charge - when combined with +1 S (and +1 WS and FNP with a priest) - will help us to win fights we've been losing since the end of 5th.
    • Sanguinary priests as HQs is cool. It's nice to see them take center stage.
    • It looks like we didn't lose chaplains as Elites, which is really good, especially since priests are moving to HQ. It's not a fair trade, but imagine what would have happened if both chaplains and priests moved exclusively to HQ?

Cons
    • No storm talons (or anything similar). I miss air superiority!
    • Death company as Elites. That stings. Our Elites slot has always been crowded - and now it's more so.
    • Loss of dedicated transport land raiders for assault squads. The 35 point price break was really nice...
    • The loss of fast non-Baal predators stings a little. Oh, well. Luckily I don't own any.
    • EDIT: I forgot to mention - the loss of fast vindicators REALLY hurts. Ouch.
    • So does the loss of death company re-roll to wound with a chaplain.
    • Sanguinary priests out of Elites screws up my collection. Also, it will make it harder to spam FNP (though at least we don't need them for Furious Charge anymore, which is nice).
    • If sanguinary priests are HQs, I'll need to strip the priest I've painted up so I can give him a nicer paint job more befitting a personage of his status. Maybe white?

Mehs
    • Assault marines out of Troops is a shame, but I don't really care. I haven't run a full jump army in more than a year, anyway.
    • We already knew that our vanguard veterans were going to get nerfed into compliance with C:SM. It's a shame, because old Heroic Intervention was cool, but it's not a surprise.
    • New Warlord Traits look great. I'll miss Descent of Angels being an army-wide rule, though.

Overall, I'd sum it up thusly: Blood Angels are no longer the jump pack marines. I guess that's just Raven Guard now. Blood Angels are now the assaulty marines, and from the changes I see, they can do a pretty good job of it now. Better than they did in 5th. Of course, that does mean that they will still favor assault marines as one of several available options for assault, because more attacks and Hammer of Wrath are still good tools.

Also, I'm sure someone will bring this over here soon, but additional rumors say that some of the rhino chassis vehicles that lost Fast will be able to buy it back for 10 points, and also that reclusiarchs are gone (but chaplains remain in Elites).

- - - Updated - - -

Also from B&C (where it was reposted from Warseer), the Chapter Relics:

Relics:
    - One jump pack that allows the bearer and his unit re-roll when DS and when other units Intercept -> Snapshots. (PF)
    - Gives Fear, and fear tests are done with -2 L (meltag)
    - One item that gives an additional warlord trait strategic table. (PW)
    - One physic weapon +2S, AP4, bearar may re-roll 1 in the psychic phase. If rellod die is a 1, bearer takes one wound. No saves allowed. (Meltag)
    - One Master-crafted plasma pistol, that does not get hot. (PF)
    - One AP2 power sword. (PF)
    Last edited by ElectricPaladin; 12-08-2014 at 03:58 PM.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

yeah EP you mostly seem spot on, but I am really sore about that assault troop screw up. Really hop I can get that new detachment without screwing over my theme.

edit: that strat relic is tasty, a BA roll and a strat roll would be AWESOME
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Welp. Glad to see they did exactly what I thought they were going to do. That list right there is a let down if I must be honest. The descent of angels special rule now forces me to either get lucky with my warlord trait or take a probably ridiculously prices special character?

Baal's moving to HS *grumble grumble*... taking fast away from Vindis was expected, but I didn't expect them to do that with the regular predators.

DC have gotten the nerf bat with the WS nerf but once again, we have to indulge in Herohammer to get something that a generic character was able to give us in the last book. Why does GW want us fielding all of these f'ing special characters?

I guess I'll be having a firesale on DC dreads. I have like 5 or 6 of them - can't use em all now.

Edit: Oh I totally missed the whole "Assault marines are no longer troops" bit. Thats the straw. Time to take inventory of the models. "BA are no longer the jump pack army" - pretty crappy to do to players like me who don't actually OWN any tactical marines.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 12-08-2014 at 04:05 PM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Occuli Imperator

I am a sad panda.

I dislike the Force Org changes.

Specifically, Assault Troops not being Troops, and Baal Preds as FA
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast