BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    Actually "jumping the shark" is not applicable to the proposed circumstance, as what you're talking about is a purely economic development, whereas jumping the shark refers to an intellectual property losing all semblance of continuity and pride in itself in an absurd attempt to make itself relevant in a changing media marketplace. The eponymous circumstance being when the Fonze literally jumped over a shark on water skis to appeal to a more "extreme" crowd in the late 70s.
    In short: Fonze jumping the shark is when Happy Days basically lost its mind. It was all downhill from there, and people knew it, and recognized how desperate they were. (I do know what the reference is to.)

In short: GW taking a character out of a codex in order to release two dataslates for the same character at a combined $45 would be GW officially losing its mind, and showing people how desperate they are to stop a coming slide.

So it works here. It's not a one-to-one comparison, but on the basic premise of what's happening, it works.

Librarian

TBH tycho 'IS' actually dead! so not being in the dex is not a big issue really, i know codex have in the past covered a large space of time, but it seems we are focusing on one time now.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

unless you run tycho...probably a pretty big problem for those guys
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Fly Lord

Multiple sources are now saying to look for:

- Blood Angel, Tyranids & Necron Campaign
    - Limited boxed set will accompany the campaign modeled after the Stormclaw product
    - Box will include Ba vs Tyranid opposing forces led by:
    - Plastic Blood Angel Captain
    - Named Tyranid Character (Prime most commonly names, but Lictor or Broodlord possible)

Look for this before the new year.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by jonsgot View Post
    I love it. Great model, I don't know why I don't own one.
    Well I don't mind the model really, most of it is rather great, the giant wings are a bit much for my tastes though. Then again, you can easily remove them from the model so its fine. I'd love to use it as a generic captain for my BA force. I just think they really missed the mark when they introduced a new special character, something that is rarely done, and then just crapped out an idiotic backstory. I would have much preferred a commander Dante resculpt to be honest.

Fly Lord

[URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/1ULadY65rfs/shield-of-baal-exterminatus.html"]Gary's[/URL] got two commenters saying this this 11-15-2014

via e9832a04-6d07-11e4-9637-1fd442c0eb49 or conspiracynutt (was posted under both names)
    Ok, this is either going to go down like a lead balloon or I may have just found the holy grail of rumour farming!!!!

So here goes, the next book being released for the campaign is....
    Shield of Baal:Exterminatus.

Not only that but the Blood angels codex is coming with this funky little tidbit:
    Codex Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard Edition
    As well as:
    Blood Angels Data Cards(English)

I know people will throw salt all over this, but I believe it is genuine and I have proof but I just don't want to give it away just yet in case Games Workshop patch that particular hole because it could be a potential gold mine for info.
    via Nightfury

"The Sanguinary Guard edition will be similar to the wolfguard limited edition SW codex with counters and an artfolio.. should go up for preorders the last week in november if the timetable is correct along with the much anticipated LE boxed set that will almost certainly include the new tyranid broodlord i told you about a few weeks ago"
    So take that with some salt - as it comes from two commenter's on Faeit 212

Aaaaaaaaand it's gone.

Leviathan sold out in the UK.

Shall have to have a word with friendly, local manager, see if he can stick one away until I get back from work on Saturday!
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 11-16-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

looking forward to some blood angels, I could well be tempted
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    ...Seriously, the sanguinor man. He doesn't even have a reason to exist, they didn't even bother writing any actual fluff, he just shows up and rassles a blood thirster for "reasons" and then ****s off to Brighton, or whatever. Maybe he's the flamboyantly gay member of the legion of the damned and the rest of the boys weren't secure enough in their manliness to walk around literally flaming and in his company, so he had to find a new gig. I don't know, nobody knows, because he's the worst thing ever.
    He's super, thanks for asking!
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Fly Lord

[URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/bBZrleSZuQg/shield-of-baal-deathstorm-box-set-and.html"]Gary's[/URL] got a live one 11-21-2014

Shield of Baal Week 2 Products
    two releases next week for 40k and the rest is hobbit and some bases.
    Shield of Baal box set $125 25 miniatures, campaign supplement, and rules
    Shield of Baal: Deasthstorm $24 hardback 125pgs

Contents of the box set
    Small Rulebook with Blood Angels on Front
    Campaign Supplement -40pages
    3 missions, rules and dataslates for each model, two formations- Strike Force Deathstorm and Phodian Annihilation Swarm

Blood Angels Strike Force- 12 models
    Captain Karlean, 5 terminators, 5 deasth company, and a death company dreadnought

Phodian Annihilation Swarm- 13 models
    Spawn of Cryptus, 8 genestrealers, 3 warriors, and a carnifex

The Spawn of Cryptus is a very large Broodlord towering over the height of warriors. Both the Spawn of Cryptus and Captian Karlean are new models.

Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast