BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I look forward to it - IF there are actual models with it, i dont care about the rules as i dont play so a new codex has no interest to me.

If it wasn't for the Space Hulk terminators my blood Angels would be destined to become exodus marines.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

All I want is a points adjustment, I'm already considering building a new 40k army to replace them

- - - Updated - - -

If they remain as hard to get men on the board as they are now
    Long live the glorious nagash supreme lord of the undead and immortal king. Emotionally imparred autistic with a tendency towards obsessing on near useless topics like dinosaurs

Fly Lord

via dakkadakka'a[URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/210/618311.page#7298284"] Arschbombe[/URL] 10-23-2014
    No new model, but you will get:

DLC1: Dataslate Tycho. $20

DLC2: Dataslate Death Company Tycho $25.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

So no new models, eh? Just a codex and some dataslates. Almost as bad as Grey knights.

Wait, isn't this contrary to the idea of "Games Workshop is a Miniatures company, not a game company"?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    via dakkadakka'a[URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/210/618311.page#7298284"] Arschbombe[/URL] 10-23-2014
    You realise this was said as a joke, right?

Quote Originally Posted by HansRichter View Post
    You realise this was said as a joke, right?
    That makes more sense to me. I know GW's trying to squeeze blood from a stone with every release these days, but putting out a new codex and then trying to do two dataslates costing a combined $45 (an unheard of price for character dataslates, too), with them just being two versions of the same model who already has rules in the codex, would just be well past insane. It would be the official "jumping the shark" moment.

I can understand if they don't make new models, because the Blood Angels already have a heck of a selection as it is, and they didn't exactly jump to make new Grey Knights unnecessarily. But take a character out of the book, then split him into two dataslates, charging people an extra $45? Yeah, not seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    That makes more sense to me. I know GW's trying to squeeze blood from a stone with every release these days, but putting out a new codex and then trying to do two dataslates costing a combined $45 (an unheard of price for character dataslates, too), with them just being two versions of the same model who already has rules in the codex, would just be well past insane. It would be the official "jumping the shark" moment.

I can understand if they don't make new models, because the Blood Angels already have a heck of a selection as it is, and they didn't exactly jump to make new Grey Knights unnecessarily. But take a character out of the book, then split him into two dataslates, charging people an extra $45? Yeah, not seeing that.
    As long as we buy it, they will sell it.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    It would be the official "jumping the shark" moment.
    That would be the "jumping the Carcharodons" moment since it's 40k.

Actually "jumping the shark" is not applicable to the proposed circumstance, as what you're talking about is a purely economic development, whereas jumping the shark refers to an intellectual property losing all semblance of continuity and pride in itself in an absurd attempt to make itself relevant in a changing media marketplace. The eponymous circumstance being when the Fonze literally jumped over a shark on water skis to appeal to a more "extreme" crowd in the late 70s.

In that regard, the Blood Angels jumped the shark in their last major codex update when they started dropping land raiders from orbit and running around with more nipple armor per capita than a Vegas dance review.

Also wings on jump packs. Dear god.

Also also the sanguinor.

EDIT: Seriously, the sanguinor man. He doesn't even have a reason to exist, they didn't even bother writing any actual fluff, he just shows up and rassles a blood thirster for "reasons" and then ****s off to Brighton, or whatever. Maybe he's the flamboyantly gay member of the legion of the damned and the rest of the boys weren't secure enough in their manliness to walk around literally flaming and in his company, so he had to find a new gig. I don't know, nobody knows, because he's the worst thing ever.
    Last edited by Power Klawz; 10-27-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post

EDIT: Seriously, the sanguinor man. He doesn't even have a reason to exist, they didn't even bother writing any actual fluff, he just shows up and rassles a blood thirster for "reasons" and then ****s off to Brighton, or whatever. Maybe he's the flamboyantly gay member of the legion of the damned and the rest of the boys weren't secure enough in their manliness to walk around literally flaming and in his company, so he had to find a new gig. I don't know, nobody knows, because he's the worst thing ever.
    I love it. Great model, I don't know why I don't own one.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast