BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    Winners and Losers as I see it:

Losers:
    Blood Talons... Waste of time especially on DC dread
    Fast Attack Slot....oh boy...I could fill this with 3 of every option...and want to take all of them
    Vanguard Vets... A must take said nobody ever..competing with DC and Sanguinary guard...there's never a reason to take them...
    Assault squads... Now in a tight fast attack slot...inferior to scoring DC in everyway...why would you take these...just infiltrate more scouts
    Assaults squads are pretty awesome but not as a scoring troop, they are great tank poppers now. For dirt cheap, they can have a 5 man non jump pack with 2 meltas and 1 combi melta on the sargeant all in a free drop pod. Or if your feeling lucky you can give the sargeant 2 inferno pistols with gunslinger, 4 melta shots... though i think the combi melta is better because of scattering with drop pods. Drop a bunch of these units down 1st turn and say goodbye to enemy armour first turn (that and linebreaker).

Quote Originally Posted by ajefferism View Post
    Assaults squads are pretty awesome but not as a scoring troop, they are great tank poppers now. For dirt cheap, they can have a 5 man non jump pack with 2 meltas and 1 combi melta on the sargeant all in a free drop pod. Or if your feeling lucky you can give the sargeant 2 inferno pistols with gunslinger, 4 melta shots... though i think the combi melta is better because of scattering with drop pods. Drop a bunch of these units down 1st turn and say goodbye to enemy armour first turn (that and linebreaker).
    Very much like Chaos raptors now, which I feel are a slightly underrated unit(still too pricey when tooled up to actually get in a fight, but good for dropping in with some special weapon love, only not as popular due to csm termie squads being 3 minimum making them an economically viable alternative.) Being able to go minimum size and pack in some plasma, melta or flamer action is pretty nice for under 150 jelly beans. They also brawl like raptors now too, and for cheaper. (MoK raptors with an icon of wrath are very pricey.) In fact they get the best of both Slaanesh and Khorne for what amounts to free.

I think I'd stick with plasma stacking on a 5 man assault unit unless you absolutely know you'll be facing a Land Raider Classic Car Club. Much more versatile loadout that can still deal with light and even medium vehicles. Plus dropping in from deep strike to within 6" melta range can be pretty dangerous, 12" rapid firing plasma range is much easier to pull off.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    Very much like Chaos raptors now, which I feel are a slightly underrated unit(still too pricey when tooled up to actually get in a fight, but good for dropping in with some special weapon love, only not as popular due to csm termie squads being 3 minimum making them an economically viable alternative.) Being able to go minimum size and pack in some plasma, melta or flamer action is pretty nice for under 150 jelly beans. They also brawl like raptors now too, and for cheaper. (MoK raptors with an icon of wrath are very pricey.) In fact they get the best of both Slaanesh and Khorne for what amounts to free.

I think I'd stick with plasma stacking on a 5 man assault unit unless you absolutely know you'll be facing a Land Raider Classic Car Club. Much more versatile loadout that can still deal with light and even medium vehicles. Plus dropping in from deep strike to within 6" melta range can be pretty dangerous, 12" rapid firing plasma range is much easier to pull off.
    I plan on running Sanguinary Guard and Death Company hammer units to do most of my killing, either deep striking or jump packing from my deployment zone. A couple drop pod min sized assault squads are a nice destraction from the impending doom of SG DC jump pack units coming for your base. Also the drop pods are great for contesting or distracting fire. The best part is the assault squads are SO DAMN CHEAP!

I think so many people are hurt by them not being troops anymore, but they definately have good choices and I think they are one of the best fast attack choices out there (bikes with grav/melta are quite good too).

Quote Originally Posted by ajefferism View Post
    I agree that's nice... But a land speeder with 2x Multi Melta is half the price of a Melta blasting AS....competing in the same slot....and also fairly reliable to come in with Dante's rules...
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Erm... White Dwarf formations?

[url]http://waaaghgaming.de/gratis-exterminatus-datasheets-und-mehr-im-naechsten-white-dwarf/[/url]

Chapter-Master

I might actually pick up the WD this week if it has formations in it. When are the WD actually released?
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

saturday,

if I do get it, it'll be the digital copy
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

seeing as the next two WD have the card stock perforated Cities of Death objective cards in the insert I'll probably get physical copies myself

This looks like WD48... So the week after next?

Flesh Tearers formation... Entire formation on a single reserve roll, rage and reroll failed charges, counter attack and fearless
    Vanguard & Assault Squad formation, Assault Squads can use the Vanguard Squad as a locator beacon
    Tactical Squads in Stormravens coming in as a single reserve...

These are labelled as exclusives...so not in the Shield of Baal book then?

White Dwarf with card inserts?

Wow, 7th Edition really is 2nd Edition Mark II, isn't it?

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast