BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Anyone face an Ork Stompa loaded with Meks yet?

Ever since the Ork Codex release, my brother has been playing around with making lists based around a Stompa loaded with Meks. The cheesiest list he's told me about had something like 13 Meks, each repairing a Hull Point on a 4+, I think it was Grot riggers giving it another repair on 5+, plus a 5+ invulnerable save.

He says he doesn't want to play me with the list because he has to live with me, but I was wondering if anyone else had played against a similar list/tactic.

I'm getting ready to face one. Gonna sacrifice a command squad on bikes with 5 melta guns and 5 melta bombs. Try to wreck that thing before they get to fix it.

Librarian

As far as the Stompa is concerned, i'm looking to get a Big Mek Stompa via IA:8's character Buzzgob. He has an option for a Big Mek Stompa, which comes out to 1/2 the price a normal one, it keeps his Warlord Trait (which is worthless in 7th ed.), and can take all the normal options the normal Big Mek Stompa gets (from Apoc book)
    It moves the HQ choice to LOW, and is cheaper than a Baneblade, unless you go crazy with upgrades. The rules for him are free from Forgeworld, under Downloads, and inside the Dread Mob Update pdf.

It's not a big mek stompa it's a kustom stompa. A mek stompa for 300 points is ridiculous. Also, the rules clearly state it's apocalypse only. It's not listed as a 40k lord of war on FW's page.

Brother-Sergeant

I normally wouldn't plan on fielding such a cheesy build against friends but my LFGS is having an Apocalypse game this weekend where it doesn't matter if anyone wins or loses. So I will give it a shot.

My "Immortal Stompa build consists of a Stompa with Grot Riggers, a Big Mek with a Kustom Force Field and a Rokkit Launcha, and a squad of Burnas where three of them are Meks with Rokkit Launchas. So that's four repair attempts per turn, It Will Not Die, and a 5+ invulnerable save. If I have any points left over I will bubble wrap it with a lot of basic Ork Boyz.

If it works out I might bring it to my local cut-throat tournament and see what happens. I would love to win the tournament just once.

Scout

Yeah, I envision this build with as many meks as possible is going to be awesome sauce. Don't forget to add a mek for each hq choice as well. You could legally have three big meks, three meks from non-force org choices, and a unit of burnas with three of them meks. Also, use the ghazzy supplement for a 4++ for extra security.
    Waaaaaaaaaaagh! 'Nuf said.

Librarian

@Desert_Hack
    "In games of Warhammer 40,000: Apocalypse, or other large scale battles, Buzzgob may be exchanged for a Big Mek Stompa for +300 points (see
    Warhammer 40,000:Apocalypse, page 272)."

This is from the PDF on Forgeworld's Dread Mob update, now the bit on larger games is left to interpretation. However, it is an option should you find yourself in a "large scale battle".

There's a warlord trait from escalation that might help vs stompas, it's the one that gives warlords unit rending and I think ap1
    Last edited by razzeldazle; 07-14-2014 at 09:50 PM.