BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Straight JaKeT View Post
    If you play the bombers with the shuttle there is a shuttle pilot that can give out target locks. Combined with the named shuttle and weapons engineer you guarantee target locks first turn. Plus lots of hull to get through.
    This was errata'd in the latest FaQ:
    "Colonel Jendon may assign 1 of his blue target
    lock tokens to a ship that does not have the
    target lock action listed in its action bar."

Source - Page 7 of x-wing FaQ VERSION 2.0.1/ UPDATED 4.15.2014

[url]http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support/faq/X-Wing-FAQ.pdf[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Xcerus View Post
    This was errata'd in the latest FaQ:
    "Colonel Jendon may assign 1 of his blue target
    lock tokens to a ship that does not have the
    target lock action listed in its action bar."

Source - Page 7 of x-wing FaQ VERSION 2.0.1/ UPDATED 4.15.2014

[url]http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support/faq/X-Wing-FAQ.pdf[/url]
    That doesn't mean he can't pass blue target lock tokens to bombers, it's clarifying that he can pass them to ships that lack the Target Lock action. That section isn't errata, it's in the clarification section.
    Last edited by Patrick Boyle; 07-16-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Cluster Missiles plus munitions failsafe works good...

Initiate

Homing missiles are a fave of mine on them as it doesn't burn target lock to fire.

Veteran-Sergeant

Ha!! I don't know the best way to use them either, but all the stores but one were out of them. This led me to believe they are great somehow so now I have three! Boosh Forces Of Order!! The capture of Grant Morrison and his Invisible army is Inevitable!

Well, with the new "Ruthlessness" card in the YT49 every time you hit you must pick 1 ship within range 1 of the Defender and give him an autohit. Add that to Assault missiles and now everyone within range 1 gets a hit and 1 lucky guy (Howlrunner, Phantoms, A-wings) gets a second.
    Repeat with another Ruthless T-Bomber and you now have 4 unsavable hits on 1 guy (or 2 dead Tie-Types) with 2 hits on everyone else in the area...not to mention whatever other damage the missile did to the primary targets.

well they're a cheap way to get an obscene amount of hull points on the table.

i'm not a huge fan of the one-shot secondary weapon upgrades myself, i think they are disgustingly overpriced for something that can only be used once and will be whiffed (the way i roll anyway) though i don't think they can be lowered in price either, some can be absolutely filthy if you roll well and completely wreck an opponent in one go.

however a swarm of bombers spread out over the table all with proximity mines could be fun to try out sometime (though all the slave-1's i would have to buy for those mine tokens might change my opinion on that )
    just clog up the table and watch your opponent sweat as he tries to manuever around the asteroids and mines, should be good for a laugh or two.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyj View Post
    Well, with the new "Ruthlessness" card in the YT49 every time you hit you must pick 1 ship within range 1 of the Defender and give him an autohit. Add that to Assault missiles and now everyone within range 1 gets a hit and 1 lucky guy (Howlrunner, Phantoms, A-wings) gets a second.
    Repeat with another Ruthless T-Bomber and you now have 4 unsavable hits on 1 guy (or 2 dead Tie-Types) with 2 hits on everyone else in the area...not to mention whatever other damage the missile did to the primary targets.
    The problem there being given it's an EPT that means you're taking both Jonus and Rhymer, then both with even a single assault missiles and ruthlessness adds up to 64(66 if you want munitions failsafes) points. 64 points that's relying on your opponent to fly in formation to really get the bang for your buck. I think one bomber with ruthlessness and assault missiles is enough of a threat to force your opponent to spread out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12