BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Imperial Fists project

I'm fairly new to this hobby, only began playing last year. I'm a huge fan of the painting part of the hobby, and I wanted to share the beginnings of my Imperial Fist army. It is WIP.

I've fully magnetized a Marine with Missile Launcher, want to try it in some games before deciding whether or not to use it. Will options for him to take either a Bolter or some other special weapons:

I've also magnetized weapon options on two Marines, here is one of them:

Here is one of the Sergeants, I think I want to add a white stripe to denote his veteran status:

And my other sergeant (the power fist is magnetized, don't think I want to run him with power fist, but think it looks badass):

I hope to make a homemade light box for my next update, any C&C?

Occuli Imperator

That is a very nice and vibrant yellow
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Thanks! I heard it was a difficult color to work with, but I'm pleased with how it turned out.

A good start so far. I commend you on the magnetisation. After having done similar for some vanguard models for my marines, I found it laborious and frustrating!

The only thing I'd like to point out is that a sergeant cannot take a plasma gun. A combi plasma yes, but not a plasma gun itself.

*edit - one other thing. It looks like you are painting the chest emblems metallic. I'm not sure if you've done this, but you might find you get a better finish if you base coat the emblem black before painting on the metallic. I find it helps metallics stand out more if they are painted over a black base.
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Yeah, I know (but it would be fun if he could!), it was there for drying purposes while I waited for the black to dry, and his hand is magnetized so I can swap it for his bolt pistol. And will try the trick with the black layer before painting with metallics.

Ah, fair enough Good luck with the project, hope to see more soon
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Should have stated that he wasn't equipped with it, didn't notice it when I took the picture. And thanks! Will soon have more to share.

Have been working on a Rhino, a WIP, still needs to do washes, weathering and the lenses. Did have some problem with the paint being chunky, I think that was because of the warmth of my room.

Been working on my Rhino, and in the meantime I've begun painting a Librarian.

Weathering has begun!

My Librarian. Can't paint eyes, so decided to make them glow instead, you know, the warp does that to you.

First-Captain

I assume you are quite new to the hobby yes?

Edit: Doh! reread your opening post, only into the game a year or less, I really should read posts more carefully

The rest still apllies though....

If so then so far your work is progressing nicely, but may I make one suggestion to you regarding Rhinos and their bigger cousins...

When you make them up, you will notice seems along where the track side plates meet up with the main hull of the tank, all Space Marine suffer from this problem.

May I suggest when you do the next tanks, before undercoating, apply a thin layer of Liquid Green Technical by GW along those seems, it's a liquiod version of the modelling putty refered to as Green Stuff, it will help fill in the seem, and when dry can be sanded down and painted over.

It will improve the look of your tanks greatly, because with such a light paint job, it's glaring to look at those seems, Darker paint schemes Can just about get away with it from a distance.

Also regarding the troops and Libby, I suggest you try using Shading inks to deepen the crevases in the figures, mostly around the joints and plate edges, The way I do so is by using a very fine brush and just lightly load the brush with the ink and draw along the nocks and crannys, this will make it easier keep the rest of the surfaces clean, and it will improve your figures greatly.

Just an old model makers suggestions to help you improve.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast