BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks! I will try to eliminate seams on my next vehicle build. I put it together a little to hastily. In the meanwhile I've played with the Librarian from Dark Vengeance. I replaced his power sword with a custom made power axe. It is made from a club that was in the Dark Angels Veteran Squad and the Halberd from Deathwing Terminator Squad to make the Power Axe. He is WIP, will post a picture from my lightbox when he is done.

That is an awesome looking conversion for the power axe, I may have to steal the idea.

Chaplain

What'd you use to get that nice, even yellow?

Thanks! For the yellow, I used my airbrush. Primed it grey (Vallejo Grey Primer), base coated with Averland Sunset, then i applied Yriel Yellow in many thin layers and finally some layers of Flash Gitz Yellow. It takes take building up the yellow, even with an airbrush.

I've begun weathering on the Rhino, waiting for the mud to dry before moving on to the next step.

Been a while since I've updated, but I've painted up a Hawkshroud Knight to go with my Imperial Fists.

The knight looks so crisp; nicely done!

I can't tell you how many IF armies I've started only to throw in the towel after getting frustrated with working with yellow. Now I can buy yellow primers and I have an airbrush so maybe I'll try again someday.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

I've actually noticed in some of the more recent artwork that annoying seem on the tanks is included in the illustration which leads me to believe it is meant to be there. It does look somewhat like the delineation between the chassis and the next-generation armour on a Challenger 2 MBT or Warrior IFV
    http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk Here's my blog, a mix of retro 40k and 30k Horus Heresy hobby goodness! Please stop by and say hello!

Yellow is such a difficult color. Even with an airbrush it takes a little practice and getting use to how thin it is. Do give it a try, so satisfying once you can do yellows!

Some progress on my Sternguards and my Razorbacks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12