BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Updated Dark Vengeance

via [URL="http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/07/los-que-viene-este-fin-de-semanagracias.html"]Descanso Del Escriba[/URL] 7-15-2014

208pp Mini-rulebook

Dark Angels:
    1 Dark Angels Company Master
    1 Dark Angels Librarian
    5 Death Wing Terminators
    10 Dark Angel Tactical Marines
    3 Ravenwing Bikes

Chaos Space Marines:
    1 Chaos Space Marines Lord
    [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Chaos-Space-Marines-Aspiring-Champion"]1 Chaos Aspiring Champion[/URL]
    6 Chaos Space Marine Chosen
    1 Chaos Space Marine Hellbrute
    20 Chaos Cultists

€85
    Unveiled in White Dwarf 25

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AspiringChampion.jpg 
Views:	875 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	9960

images via [URL="http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/07/sector-imperialis-bundle-degli-orki-e.html"]L'Astropate[/URL] 7-16-2014

Name:	1405439351500.jpg 
Views:	710 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	9968
    So, new box art, $110 in the US, 49 models. Official release date: July 26th, 2014
    Last edited by Bigred; 07-16-2014 at 11:42 AM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Wonder why they are including the previously released Aspiring Champion, it does fit with them fine though.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Wonder why they are including the previously released Aspiring Champion, it does fit with them fine though.
    Meh, I'll probably pass on picking it up. If it's the same old Aspiring Champion I don't need him, he should really be a LE model. How hard is it for GW to throw players a bone here?

--Chris
    www.chrisvalera.com

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Maybe to replace the Chaplain that came in the original ltd ed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Valera View Post
    Meh, I'll probably pass on picking it up. If it's the same old Aspiring Champion I don't need him, he should really be a LE model. How hard is it for GW to throw players a bone here?

--Chris

As the exact OPPOSITE of a GW apologist, let me respond to that by asking: What the heck is Stormclaw, if not "throwing players a bone?" It's a limited release set with two special characters and about 45% off the retail value of the models inside with a small rulebook to boot.

Expecting something awesome a week after that might be asking too much, especially from GW.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    As the exact OPPOSITE of a GW apologist, let me respond to that by asking: What the heck is Stormclaw, if not "throwing players a bone?" It's a limited release set with two special characters and about 45% off the retail value of the models inside with a small rulebook to boot.

Expecting something awesome a week after that might be asking too much, especially from GW.
    Stormclaw would have been alot better if it wasn't such a limited release IMO.

Veteran-Sergeant

I would have liked to have gotten one as well, sucked it came out right before pay day.

Fly Lord

images via [URL="http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/07/sector-imperialis-bundle-degli-orki-e.html"]L'Astropate[/URL] 7-16-2014

Name:	1405439351500.jpg 
Views:	710 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	9968
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Valera View Post

--Chris
    I guess chucking a £12 model into an already great value set then only charging £3.50 extra isn't throwing us a bone?

Quote Originally Posted by elcheapodeca View Post
    Stormclaw would have been alot better if it wasn't such a limited release IMO.
    The question I have is was it legitimately very limited, or was demand high enough to make it seem that way? Tau were not exactly limited when they came out, but the demand was such that there were shortages of many kits. Same with the Tactical Objective cards.

Adding the Aspiring Champion makes a lot of sense, as he replaces the Chlain, keeping him Limited to the old LE, and also slightly helps improve the balance between the two sides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast