BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    I have to admit, I really didn't like the Russ' design when I started playing. However, it really grew on me over time, that mish-mash of the worst aspects of pre-Cold War tank design. It has a lot of character in its ugly, brutish design, unlike the Rhino chassis which is just a box. I have to be honest, the disappointing tanks are why I can't get into Space Marines.
    Personally, I like the old-style Predator tanks, with the dome turret at the back. It really does something for the look, and I'm glad FW brought it back with the Deimos. Right now, I think the Sicaran is actually my favorite design, being the ******* child of the Land Raider and Predator. Something about those huge track pods just screams "awesome", and the amount of lead it can throw for as cheap as it is (points, not the resin itself T_T) is pretty sweet, too.

Also, Knights. The design of the old epic Reaver is one of the things that caught my eye and drew me in to 40k, and the plastic Knight nicely echoes that shape, in a form that's manageable in price and size.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Oh yes, the Sicaran is definitely the sexy. Someone at my LGS rolls with one as a Predator Annihilator, he's got a very Heresy-heavy counts-as army for Chaos. Was tempted to do the same 'til I saw the price...

Bubble-top turrets make it look so much better.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Also, Knights. The design of the old epic Reaver is one of the things that caught my eye and drew me in to 40k, and the plastic Knight nicely echoes that shape, in a form that's manageable in price and size.
    If it wasn't for the box art of Titan Legions, (and, i'm not sure if this is real or my 20 year old memories playing tricks on me, Liverpool's store having a 7ft Cardboard cut out of the Imperator) I don't know if I'd have ever walked into a Games Workshop, the Imperator Titan, as ridiculous as it is, still holds a dear place in my heart.

Veteran-Sergeant

Favorite model? For me, it would be my GK Land Raider Crusader. It hits so hard and carries so much and just really tough to take out (most of the time). I've run over lots of armies with that thing!

Striking Scorpions... very cool theme, melee, nice models and amazing gadgets

Chapter-Master

My favourite unit used to be a 3.5/4th ed Berzerker unit. 8 men, getting a free champion for using the numbers of the gods, hitting at I5.

Happy days.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Didn't realise he could use Ork Only Wargear Cards :P
    I did say don't ask, didn't I?? I think he got it through a strategy card that gave him an extra random wargear card.

Then he was deployed in a trench, and couldn't get out, and a spore mine (is that what they're called?) landed on his head and he died. Mohhh.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by skeletoro View Post
    I did say don't ask, didn't I?? I think he got it through a strategy card that gave him an extra random wargear card.

Then he was deployed in a trench, and couldn't get out, and a spore mine (is that what they're called?) landed on his head and he died. Mohhh.
    Haha, I'm glad I asked, got to love 2nd Edition! People decry the "randomness" of 40k don't remember the time a lucky Stratergy care draw could wipe out most of the enemy before a who was fired! Bloody Virus Outbreak

Chapter-Master

Virus bombs were fun, unless you were on the receiving end.

Of course then you both had to redeploy and start from scratch.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Initiate

Dreadnoughts!!

The first thing I ever bought was the 3rd Edition Space Marine Codex and I had to have a Dreadnought. They have never been the greatest but all the cool fluff on them is just to cool.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast