BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default New Orks 1850pt and a question.

Alrighty, I've finished with my nurgle CSM for the time being.
    I'm now having to paint up some Black legion due to Abaddon developing a vendetta on Creed in the games I've been playing lately, so that'll be a while.

I'm making the move to 7th (Stormclaw!) and celebrating by building myself a new army based around my Stompa. Here's the list, I have all the models.

Orks 1850 battleforged

Big Mek KFF (goes in Stompa)

12x Boyz Nob Big Choppa, Combi-skorcha, Bosspole, Trukk
    12x Boyz Nob Big Choppa, Combi-skorcha, Bosspole, Trukk
    12x Boyz Nob Big Choppa, Combi-skorcha, Bosspole, (Go in Stompa)

5x Meganobz, Bosspole 4x Combi-weapons, Battle Wagon 2x Big Shootaz

4x Dethkoptaz Twin linked rokkits

Dakkajet extra twin-linked supa shoota

Stompa Grot riggers

1849pts

I'm interested in any thoughts on the list.

and...here is my question.

What can people tell me about using the stompa workshop thingy in IA8 in the current game. What do you think? Is it allowed given the points discounts possible with a kustom stompa? Is it possible to include a custom stompa as a lord of war in a normal (Codex) list instead of the codex Stompa? Its possible to have a transport capacity of 30 etc ! so I just wonder what people think re list building.

Cheers

Scout

The stompa is always a good choice and the custom stompa is even better. Your only concern comes from the availability of opponents who don't have an issue with you fielding a stompa. Otherwise, the stompa with trukks and meganobs in a bw can be a very solid list. Again, this all hinges on your opponents acquiescence.
    Waaaaaaaaaaagh! 'Nuf said.