BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Someone just posted on my FB feed that in one of the seminars it was mentioned that the Squats were coming back! SQUATS!!!!!!!

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Nurglesprince View Post
    Someone just posted on my FB feed that in one of the seminars it was mentioned that the Squats were coming back! SQUATS!!!!!!!
    Someone reliable, or someone who would be likely to want to start a false rumour for a joke?

there are two dudes arguing about what was said now, who were both at the same seminar. so....

Fly Lord

Via Bloodhorror on Dakka

Tyranid Dimachaeron
    WS 8
    BS 3
    S 6
    T 6
    W 6
    I 6
    A 5
    LD 10
    Sv 3+

Its a MC (Leaper)

Weapons & Biomorphs are
    Sickle Claws
    Grasping Talons
    Thorax Spine Maw
    Adrenal Glands

Special Rules
    IB: Feed
    Rampage

Leaper is kind of like a Jump Pack for it except it only 6" all the time, but it can jump over things which is handy.
    If you DON'T use it in the Movement phase, you get +1s to your HOW and the HOW gains Strikedown.

Grasping Talons: +1S AP2 Melee with Spine Maw Strike

Spinemaw Strike: If you roll at least one 6 to hit, you get to make a Spine Maw Attack at Intiative step 1

Spine Maw Attack: Makes ONE attack that Auto Hits. May Target any Enemy Model that isn't Extremely Bulky. Only one of these Attacks may be made by this model in each phase.

The One attack it does is at +4S AP1 Instant Death and "Digestion Spine"

Digestion Spine: When a Spine Maw removes a model, the Dimachaeron gains a number of "Plasm Tokens" Equal to the number of wounds on the profile of the model removed. At the end of each of its following Turns, The Controlling player removes one token. Whilst it has a Token remaining, it gets FNP (4+)

Sickle Claws: Strength- User AP2 Melee Sickle Strike

Sickle Strike: On a roll of a 4+ to wound, an attack inflicted by a Sickle Claw has the Instant Death Rule

200 Points
    Fast Attack
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

So a couple of contemptors, a primarch, a knight and a nid. Is it just me or is this a bit lacking in substance. Most of the models we've already seen bar the contemptors. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest.

Dimachaeron - more rules than it can shake a sickle claw at! Honestly everything seems to go on and on -

Dimachaeron, Dimachaeron, Dimachaeron Di-ma-chaer-on.
    Dimachaeron!

The Grasping talons are connected to the Spine Maw Strike,
    The Spine Maw Strike is connected to the Spine Maw Attack ,
    The Spine Maw Attack is connected to the Digestion Spi,ne
    The Digestion Spine is connected to the Plasm Token
    Dimachaeron!

It helps when you get the tune going: [url]http://youtu.be/cLi55MV04a8[/url]

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Skullchewer View Post
    Someone reliable, or someone who would be likely to want to start a false rumour for a joke?
    It's false...mostly.

The first seminar was about 40k, why they're not progressing the timeline beyond where it is now and how instead GW have 10,000 years (Heresy to M41) to pick events out of to use as a basis for supplements and the like. Someone laughed and stated that if they were working backwards they there is a chance that they could revisit Squats from their time in 30k up to their demise at the claws of the Tyranids. Jes, Phil & Matt all had a good laugh, said that they could and then carried on to talk about more feasible stuff.

So no, there's no indication that Squats are on the return.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and those are my two photos of the Dimachaeron from a thread in the Tyranid Hive forum.

You're welcome, Mr Gnome :P

Default It is sad but true 40K has fallen

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    Wow, is 40K dead or what? Well maybe not dead but not as popular anymore. A few years ago, these threads would be in the 20-50 pages with people talking about what the people posted pics of. Now, nobody can even bother to post pics. Is it because not many people are going and they can't be bothered to go and take pics anymore, or that there is nothing actually interesting to take pics of?

What a shame. Always looked forward to reading the posts here on BoLS but sadly they are no more.
    I know what you mean. This has been going on for some time now but in my close to 40 years int eh hobby and almost 28 in 40K I have never seen a main line game system fall as fast and as far as 40K that was not attributable to the company going bankrupt or something.

I think this is the first time I have seen a major games fans literally driven away by the companies policies and failure to support and bring their game up to date with their competitors.

It is intensely sad as I look at some where around 20grand in 40K stuff sitting on shelves and having no interest in playing it unless someone releases a better game system to use with the models. A year and a half ago the 12 stores in our area would have all had at least one game of 40K on the their tables on any given Saturday. Now the only place you know you will see a game played is the Games Workshop store itself. In fact I have not seen a game of 40K played except there and one store with a small group still playing since last fall.

And that is in an area with a formerly HUGE 40K community. No one thing to attribute it to that I can think of. Just lots and lots of little things. Although when you look at GW's financials over the last decade their unit sells are less than half what they were in the early 2000's. That has been the case for a long time. The internet has given false impression of 40K community activity. There were so many more players int eh early 2000's than even played during 5th Ed.

Chapter-Master

that is just speculation though, there are more 40k players in my area than there were ten years ago. local experience does not equate to international figures.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Veteran-Sergeant

Is it just me or do Forgeworld seem allergic to the Dark Angels? No contemptor, no unique vehicles or units (AFAIK) and no rules or even whispers of a model for our Primarch (again, AFAIK). It makes me sad

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast