BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Default All Time Favourite Unit

We all have that one unit we love, even if we shouldn't, you might love the models, be proud of the paint job you did on them, think the fluff behind them is awesome or have had great success with them on the battlefield!

I love my Ork boyz, deep down, they're the army I've always loved, since 1994 when I got the second edition starter set, I play Eldar too, after a childhood of looking at gorgeously painted Harlequins, and have dabbled with other armies, but time and again, i'm drawn back to the boyz.

Of all the boyz, i think I love the Shokk Attack Gun Mek the most, ever since you had to buy the ammo for it in the form of bases of Snotlings, its just so Orky! A hole is torn in the warp between the guns “barrel” and some unlucky enemy and Snotlings are drawn through this portal screaming and clawing, materialising among or even inside the enemy, who are overwhelmed with maddened Snots, driven mad by the horrors of their brief trip through warp space.

How Orky is that?

And on top of that, it can go horribly, horribly wrong, sucking everything into the warp in a horrific portal accident, throwing the Mek through the portal into the enemy or many other terrible things.

It’s something I try and include every time I use my Orks, it goes badly as often as it performs well for me, but even when it blows the Mek up as the first shot on the first turn (giving my opponent First Blood as well as not doing anything for the game) but I just laugh and laugh, the idea of the Mek spooling up with Shokk Attack Gun, ready to fill a rhino with Snotlings when something clanks and he’s sucked into the Warp, cursing Mork at his bad luck.

So, what are your favourite units and why?

Occuli Imperator

The Death Company.

Firstly, I love the story of Sanguinius' final sacrifice, I think that that is brilliant. So as the DC dovetail into that it is a match made in heaven. The idea that they all follow their primarchs visions and follow the same path unwavering.

It also speaks to the soul of the BAs and that this is their ultimate fate, even if they are good enough to survive countless battle fields, they will all eventually done the black armour and charge at the enemy with righteous fury barely restrained by the prayers of the chaplain.

In the Death Company all are equal, from youngest marine to oldest captain, the norms of rank are banished all are equal in death.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor N'Syun
    Some say that the Blood Angels are tainted: that they harbour a dark secret. I know this to be true. I have seen the infamous Death Company: wild-eyed and foam-mouthed berserkers who tear their enemies limb from limb, crush skulls with a single blow, snap spines and rip out inner organs. I have seen the Sanguinary Priests: the passing of blood filled chalices from lip to lip, heard their wracking lamentations of Sanguinus's death. I have watched their rituals: mighty warriors daubing their armour in the blood of their foes, heard them crying for vengeance against the enemies of the Emperor.
    Gamewise, I have had some glorious moments for the DC all the way back to 2nd ed. Unfortunately around 4th they became my opponents number 1 target and so they were merciliously shot down, but allowing others to do their job.

If you want to cause trouble take a 30 man death company lead by lemartes, power weapons, jump packs, though of course this starts to make them stupidly expensive...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Marneus Calgar with bonus gyro-stabilized mono wheel. It was second edition, don't ask.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by skeletoro View Post
    Marneus Calgar with bonus gyro-stabilized mono wheel. It was second edition, don't ask.
    Didn't realise he could use Ork Only Wargear Cards :P

Killa Kans.

Don't care what anyone says at the best of times, but when it comes to knocking any unit driven or piloted by a Grot, you're simply wrong.

Kans r grate. Everyone knows it! And Grot Tanks come a close second. Mostly because I find the concept of 5 year old football hooligans in teeny tiny tanks highly amusing!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield wielding Terminators. Anything in TDA looks so epic cool in my eyes but ad a shield and a hammer and these guys look fantastic.

Such a shame chaos terminators can't take them.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Killa Kans.

Don't care what anyone says at the best of times, but when it comes to knocking any unit driven or piloted by a Grot, you're simply wrong.

Kans r grate. Everyone knows it! And Grot Tanks come a close second. Mostly because I find the concept of 5 year old football hooligans in teeny tiny tanks highly amusing!
    Kans have also got one of my all time favourite GW Plastic Kits, if it had all the weapon options covered for the full unit it'd win out, but as it is, its one of the most pose-able and fun looking kits around, I love it, mine all look like loons, like they’re clanking and jerking about all over the place, legs and arms flailing away manically!

Chapter-Master

Swooping Hawks. Superman is a constant inspiration and defines much of my life and personality - I try to be as kind and charitable as possible in every situation, as hard as it may be. There's no similarity between Superman and Swooping Hawks there, but by god do I want to fly....Birds are the most beautiful creatures on Earth to me and being able to soar against the wind from on high is an experience I would gladly die for. That is what Supes and the Hawks share, and the image of Baharroth literally descending like the Sun's own talon makes me bubble with excitement. If it wasn't so money-intensive I would happily do an Unbound list formed entirely of Swooping Hawks and led by Baharroth.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Long Fangs!
    A box of these were my first models and that first love never died!

I know some people think they are silly but I really like my thunderwolf cavalry. Not so much for the fluff but my first game of 6th ed, I used them. they seemed to shrug most things off their shields, took out a bunch of stuff and generally where a hoot.
    Never enough time to do nothing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast