BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Scout

Default Favorite ork unit and why

So, I know orks seem to be a very debatable topic right now, thus the informed orks thread being closed, but I wanted to start up a new head to hear out people's thoughts on what units, by themselves, you like to field and why. This could be purely anecdotal, a unit you feel just doesn't feel right to play without, or is just "rule of cool" worthy.

For me, my two new favorite units are the mek guns and the morkanaut. My morkanaut has been a beast in the eight games I have fielded him in and the mek guns are amaze-sauce when you can take five lobbas or the traktor kannon. With the amount of skimmers and flyers out there, skyfire is pretty nifty and at thirty points a pop, seems a bargain to me.

Also, as everyone has said again and again, it seems our heavy support choices are where daddy is gonn bring home the bacon in our new book. Book is still new but I just have to agree with that assessment.

Please, for the love of Gork (or Mork), keep this light and noncombative, everyone is entitled to like a unit even if you think it sucks. Keep all negativity in your own mind and lock-up the holier-than-thoughness that is prevalent on BOLS.
    Last edited by Stoeks88; 07-17-2014 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Wishful begging
    Waaaaaaaaaaagh! 'Nuf said.

First-Captain

I couldn't pick one stand out unit because I've enjoyed using everything in the new book so far, I think what i like most is all the new formations which are really add a lot of chacter to an army, but if I had to really choose one of the units, I think it'd got to be the close combat deff dread, beastly HoW attack, tuns of attacks and great strength and ap, he's been tearing stuff apart for me lately!

Deff Dred BECAUSE LOOK AT THE DAMN THING

LOOK AT THAT MAGNIFICENT *******.

Also, I quite like the Gorkanaught because I can now field this conversion wot I made a few years ago.

I really like Dred Mobz is what I'm saying. I would happily run an all-dred Unbound army and not give two tugs whether I won or lost, so long as I looked magnificent.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Deff Dred BECAUSE LOOK AT THE DAMN THING

LOOK AT THAT MAGNIFICENT *******.

Also, I quite like the Gorkanaught because I can now field this conversion wot I made a few years ago.

I really like Dred Mobz is what I'm saying. I would happily run an all-dred Unbound army and not give two tugs whether I won or lost, so long as I looked magnificent.
    Waaagh Ghazkull has a Dread Mob Formation, A Big Mek, painboy, 2 Morka/Gorka Naughts, 3 Deff Dreads and 2 Mobs of Killa Kans I believe. Gives them all Ere We Go and D3 hammer of wrath hits instead of 1.
    Last edited by Path Walker; 07-17-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Chaplain

I still have to go with the Blitza Bommer. Might not be the most effective thing but the sheer unpredictability of what it's going to do brings me back to RT/2nd Edition days in a good Orky way.

Can't pick one.

I love them all. From the weediest Grot, to the shootiest Stompa, it's all pure gaming heaven!

If you play Orks, and don't play like an Ork, there may be something wrong with you
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

I like to roleplay with all my armies when I play but none so much as with the Orks, tactics be damned, swarm forward and krump em gud.

Scout

And the news orks krump real good. Haven't lost a match yet (about 15 with the new book) and they were mostly against tau and dark eldar.
    Waaaaaaaaaaagh! 'Nuf said.