BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    So you ban Invisibility but admit GK are under powered... lol.
    Well, the whole power shouldn´t even exist...AND, we BOTH agreed to see if that is a game breaker power ---> YES it is...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

IMO gk are hardly the powerhouse theyre seen as in certain circles. Sure they generate a butt ton of warp charges but start popping their rhinos or soaking their strike squads with bolters or anything and they'll soon deplete. Plus with such an elite and small sized army, every loss is going to be felt by the player. You'll never beat them in the psychic phase but in the ranged game even orks are kicking them to hell and back cos they have very little over 24" range. Stay outside that and smack them about a bit lol.I hope this helped, this was my first post in any forum ever :P

I've only got 3 squads of GK in 1500 points, all terminators, so I tend to ally them when I can and it works, holding the termies in reserve I can almost guarantee 'grab the point' objectives when they do turn up. Otherwise I agree, the 2 armies that really take the day in MoW missions are Eldar and Crons; both with heaps of FA choices on the board. Any army with bikes is going to have an advantage really. I guess in the right combination even Tyranids can do them with success.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    I've only got 3 squads of GK in 1500 points, all terminators, so I tend to ally them when I can and it works, holding the termies in reserve I can almost guarantee 'grab the point' objectives when they do turn up. Otherwise I agree, the 2 armies that really take the day in MoW missions are Eldar and Crons; both with heaps of FA choices on the board. Any army with bikes is going to have an advantage really. I guess in the right combination even Tyranids can do them with success.
    Fast armies do have an advantage in MoW but full Drop Pod Space marines aren't bad either. A full tac squad can pod onto the objective and combat squad out giving you 3 obj secured units which can be hard to shift while dealing with the other nasty stuff landing in your face. I can see the teleporting GK termies working out well for this too.

As I say, it has done for me; in fact in one game it wasn't a DS termie squad that did it, it was a Grand Master attached to a Guard Command squad and cast 'Gate of Infinity' to drop them right on an objective they needed. That power can be a WTF? Moment for some armies as they watch said GM/Libby etc. vanish and turn up on the objective they thought they had secured because you had nothing in reserve.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12