BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gorgon Terminators up for pre-order.

[url=http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/IRON_HANDS_LEGION_GORGON_TERMINATORS.html]Here they are! £45 for 5[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeworld
    One of a number of Tactical Dreadnought Armour sub-classes found within the ranks of the Iron Hands Legion, the Gorgon pattern was one of a number of on-going attempts by Ferrus Manus and his cadre of Iron-Fathers to refine and augment the various patterns of Terminator armour employed by the Legiones Astartes forces.

One of the most extreme technological examples of the Iron Hands’ innovation to improve on these designs was the hazardous but powerful ‘Gorgon’ prototype, which required bonding to its wearer, and which Ferrus Manus would not live long enough to refine to its full potential.

The Iron Hands Legion Gorgon Terminators are a complete multi-part resin kit, designed by Israel Gonzalez. This kit is available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Wednesday 30th July.
    [url=http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/EMPERORS_CHILDREN_LEGION_TRANSFER_SHEET.html]Also Emperor's Children transfers, featuring full colour ones, presumably for banners[/url]

Last edited by Mr Mystery; 07-18-2014 at 04:55 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Daemon-Prince

There cool models but there rules......Leave something to be desired =/
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Who gives a **** about the rules? Look at those guys! Look at them!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

First-Captain

Rules Schmules, 30k is about fluff fluff fluff and gorgeous Astartes models.

Librarian

You could just use them as regular terminators, Veterans = Bling or something.

Where are the Gorgon-pattern Termies' rules? Is the gist of them 2+/4++ but slow and purposeful or something?
    Wargaming Project Log: http://andygomez.wordpress.com/
    Check out my brother's novel on Amazon: Out From the Chasm by Keenan Cross

The Sergeant has a thunder hammer as standard and can take a Cyber Familiar to up his Invulnerable save, everyone else gets power axes, but can upgrade to power fists or lightning claws. They all have Feel No Pain (5+), are scoring units and on a D6 roll of 4+ after a successful armour/invun save, they inflict Blind on the attacking unit due to their overloaded force fields.

Finally, they can take graviton guns as their special weapons option, and being relentless terminators is a neat idea - and those are 30K graviton guns (These possess no strength, but possess both concussion and haywire effects. They also have a curious way of causing wounds by forcing the enemy to roll D6; if the result is above their strength they take a wound - a result of 6 always causes a wound. Annoyingly this makes it largely ineffective against infantry blobs (guardsmen have a 1 in 2 chance to survive this arcane weapon). However it also creates Difficult and Dangerous Terrain in its blast radius, so it's more of an area denial weapon, used for severely impeding enemy movement, rather than as the TEQ-killer it is in 40K).

It's worth remembering these are for 30k, and thus they're a much better choice than they first appear- they don't actually cost much more than regular Terminators for nearly equivalent equipment, not forgetting that you get to worry less about the impact of ranged weapons (because all Iron Hands are T5 against ranged weapons in 30K).

I think this squad is a pretty solid Elite choice to be honest. They're like a shootier, more tactically adaptable version of Deathwing Knights.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 07-18-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Maybe I've just seen too many of these sets of Legion-specific Terminators from FW, but I can't see any really significant differences between these and the regular plastic Terminators. Well, nothing that couldn't be achieved with a little plasticard.

I mean, I like these minis, I just feel like if I'm paying FW prices for all resin models, it'd be nice to get something a bit unique.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    Maybe I've just seen too many of these sets of Legion-specific Terminators from FW, but I can't see any really significant differences between these and the regular plastic Terminators. Well, nothing that couldn't be achieved with a little plasticard.

I mean, I like these minis, I just feel like if I'm paying FW prices for all resin models, it'd be nice to get something a bit unique.
    Soon enough they will be cheaper then the plastic versions.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Soon enough they will be cheaper then the plastic versions.
    I live in Australia. I'm pretty sure they already are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast