BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30k Dark Angels

Librarian

Default 30k Dark Angels

Anyone interested in a little prognostication for the Dark Angels in the HH? Clearly this will be wish listing of sorts.

In Unremembered empire, I believe, they mention 6 wings. We could safely assume that ravenwing will be one. Probably Deathwing too, but did it exist at that point in time? There's brief mention of ironwing, and that's tanks and armour.

Would they do assault marine wings as well? What characters from the books are there to put in? I don't see Luthor being in a HH army book.

What do you DA folks think?

Librarian

Having DA introduced with the civil war on their homeworld would be pretty cool, in which case characters like Luthor could see a profile/page of stats.

I think we might be getting close actually, with the introduction of the Night Lords (Contemptor Dreadnought from the Open Day), we'll probably be seeing the start of the Thramas Crusade in which the Dark Angels engaged the Night Lords in a series of running battles through the Thramas Sector. (Hopefully some mission where the Lion and the Night Haunter end up on the same field so that this time The Lion can take his head.)

I would make a guess that the next book after the Phall System might be Signus Campaign with the Blood Angels, Word Bearers and maybe Daemons. After that we'll probably see the Thramas Crusade.

Hmmm... Maybe "getting close" weren't the right words...

Back when the Forge World Facebook page was still a thing, I asked and they said that they would likely be doing a Corswain model along with the Lion when the time came.

Initiate

I would say that Luther would have to have stats in any HH book.

All I know is that with all of the fancy Terminator Armor for just about every Chapter so far both Loyalist and Traitor, and the special rules for some of them. The 30K Deathwing better get kick *** models and rules.

6 wings... The obvious 3...

Deathwing
    Ravenwing
    Ironwing

Assault Wing?
    Devastator Wing?
    Scout Wing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    Having DA introduced with the civil war on their homeworld would be pretty cool, in which case characters like Luthor could see a profile/page of stats.
    Yeah. It would be like the Loyalist Captains in the Legions at Isstvan in reverse. I could see that. Also need 30k stats for Cypher.

Would like to see Ravenwing using jetbikes Mind you I am waiting for beautiful models to add to my DA's but honestly want my Alpha Legion models a bit more...

Librarian

@Andrew
    Pretty much what I was thinking, we start with Isstavan where loyalist are purged, but now the shoe is on the other foot where Traitors are being purged, and probably any allies as well, being that Dark Angels want to hide that info.

Veteran-Sergeant

I'd love to see somee kind of plasma-centric veteran unit. And some units in really "knightly" armour. Most of all though, I just want the Lion to have a badass model!

Librarian

Corswain, that's the guy I was trying to remember. I don't see Luthor being in a DA army list right away. I've always read that the split happens after the heresy. Not saying it couldn't be it's own book though,but that's to specific.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    Corswain, that's the guy I was trying to remember. I don't see Luthor being in a DA army list right away. I've always read that the split happens after the heresy. Not saying it couldn't be it's own book though,but that's to specific.
    no the split is near the end of the Heresy, not after, it's the reason the Dark Angels were not present at the Battle for Terra, as they had to head back fast to Caliban as Luthor declared his own Heresy....

It prevented the Lion from assisting, which could have turned history on it's butt, after all if the DA's were to hand, the BA's might not have taken such a kicking on Horus' Battle Barge.....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast