BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

One of my fave things about 40k that.

Set so far in the future, it doesn't invalidate other Sci Fi.

Like Firefly
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    A Klingon could take a space marine. Discuss.
    from behind.....fnar!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Brother-Captain

Since the established power curve is klingon<augmented human<vulcan I think there's a fair bit of evidence that klingons die pretty fast in a 40k setting. Their most shameful moments involve losing the sword of Kahless to space bugs and an entire war to small furry balls that are born pregnant. Of course, space marines insist on getting really close to dangerous things so they can use their chainsaw swords, so klingons clearly have the tactical advantage.

And with that I officially don my nerd hat, the hat in which I nerd. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	levelupstudios-capcom-servbothat-3-750.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	10092

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    A Klingon could take a space marine. Discuss.
    Wildey used live hand grenade...

No, except in the fevered imagination of people inhabiting startrek forums.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I would expect a single Klingon could take a single Space Marine in close combat, but he'd be shuffling off to the afterlife shortly afterward. If there was any sort of range involved though, where the Marine could get his bolter into play, then our Klingon would quickly be taking up a new career in interior decorating.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Even in Star Trek Klingons can get beat up by normal humans. The only way for a Klingon to take on a Space Marine is when he sleeps, without armor and the Klingon aims with a Disruptor from 100 ft away.

Chapter-Master

Really?
    How many times have we seen unaugmented humans give a klingon a kicking?
    A fluff space marine (as they only have fluff klingons) would redecorate with the klingon at either range...

Occuli Imperator

No marines are taller bigger and stronger than Klingons and as has been demonstrated before genetic modified super solider (Khan) can kill Klingons quite readily in CC.

What we need to consider is the power of the disrupters, since they can vapourise people they must be far more powerful than Imperial weaponry such as the lasgun, even hotshots just leave a sticking great hole rather than vapourising the target, so in that respect the disrupter must be more akin to a lascannon (though strangely they seem to just scortch scenery....) so if they are shooting they might have a chance.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Are we talking about original series Klingons or TNG ones?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

But as you say they just scorch scenery so I'd imagine they'd do little against power armour.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast