BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

The idea was good, the execution was terrible in the end it just amounted to 'Well **** we have none of the cool stuff and our writers aren't good enough to make what we have work so **** IT! Bring in the Romulans, Ferengi, BorG and everything oh and **** we forgot to tell the actors playing Vulcans they had no emotions but **** it just roll with it now ok?'.><
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    the time travel thing is a very good point to consider in any potential conflict "between universes" though - Trekkies will probably get some "mysterious benefactors" to make sure they don't loose too badly
    Well if the Q interfere, the chaos gods could take offence at someone else playing with their "toys".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The idea was good, the execution was terrible in the end it just amounted to 'Well **** we have none of the cool stuff and our writers aren't good enough to make what we have work so **** IT! Bring in the Romulans, Ferengi, BorG and everything oh and **** we forgot to tell the actors playing Vulcans they had no emotions but **** it just roll with it now ok?'.><
    Well I'd assume the romulans should be there. And based on first contact I can see where the borg and the loop thing would work.
    But the ferengi shouldn't be there, didn't Picard first contact them?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Well they knew about the Romulans and went to war with them around the time Enterprise was set but the whole thing was wrong and they showed what Romulans looked like when the first face to face contact was in a TOS episode. But somehow they had spies running around Vulcan and **** meeting Starfleet officers and being exposed and it was just a mess. The Borg storyline at least made sense but it was a still retcon used to bring in a cool and popular (and ratings bringing) race back because they had nothing better to do. An yep Picard made first contact with the Ferengi, but they still managed to appear in Enterprise. See above re: ****ty writers needing to bring cool stuff from teh future.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Still better than any episode of Voyager with kes in it...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

lols

If ferengi are species 180 why are other alpha quadrant species in the thousands?

Occuli Imperator

Picard made first official contact with them but they were known of before, they are mentioned in the pilot or was it just generic merchants eitherway, they were more aggressive and less business in TNG than DS9 anyway.

As for the low number it could be a different type of numbering so 180 could be the 80th subtype of type 1.

Otherwise you end up with wormwholes/caretaker/or some other deus ex machina

Also, if 1 Cube knows how to do trime travel, ala first contact, then all cubes know how to do time travel. So it is concievable that the borg should really be able to assimulate everything and go back in time to reverse teh Wolf 359 issue. Unless the materials are so rare that there is only enough for 1 ship ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget that the erm, race speaks in metaphores, Timber his arms wide, Jillard at Tanagra, when the walls fell, them, they were well known of yet they did not have "first contact" made for decades.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course all of this wants me to play BotF with a Borg & Dominion mods
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

No The Race are lizards from iirc Tau Ceti aplha?

Brother-Captain

I will hold Voyager as the nadir of the franchise.
    Worst Kes era episode: Paris and Janeway have salamander babies.
    Worst Seven era episode: Seven fights The Rock in the Square Circle and is still somehow boring.
    At its worse Enterprise was just pretentious and boring with inconsistent characters. Voyager just didn't give a crap about its core concepts (limited supplies and a fractious crew) a season in. I can not disagree more with you about Vulcans Eldargal. They are always shows as emotional jerkwads who have slightly more self control than everyone else and revel in expressing that. Except maybe Tuvok, but he was stuck on a ship of idiots.

Occuli Imperator

TOS season 1 Spock was always being a ******* to McCoy
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

It's not the salamander babies that bother me about that one. It's the idea that warp 10 is some arbitrary barrier that **** happens if you go past it. Surely it's just a number?
    I mean what would the odds of all warp capable cultures using the same scale?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast