BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default If X = Y, then 40K?

So 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is coming out. The film is based on a comic created by Dan Abnett.

Does that mean we can therefore call GotG a 40K movie?
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Occuli Imperator

No.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

He didn't create it. He reinvented old characters.

Plus, I get to see it on Wednesday, before you guys.

[cartman]Nyeah nyeah nyeah nyeah nyeah![/cartman]
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

"Before you guys" assumes that I am going to see it at all...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Ah you've ruined it now. Bumhat.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Occuli Imperator

#winning

Hey, don't feel bad. I'm still jealous.

This is the only Marvel film I've been excited to see other than 'Winter Soldier' (Iron Man films are okay, but I don't really like Tony Stark, and the Thor films are just dull apart from Loki).

Plus Rocket Raccoon is a boss in MvC3. Oh what's that Ryu? Your super combo is a giant dragon punch? Mine is A G******NED AIRSTRIKE!

Occuli Imperator

Of course we could already do such things.

James Swallow (BA:Omnibus, Nemesis, Flight of the Einstein, etc.) also wrote teh original concepts for a couple of Voyager episodes (One #193, Memorial #236) but we wouldn't mention anything with Neelix in it as a 40k series

You say that, but I've always worked under the assumption that Star Trek is part of 40k's continuity - it's the much-feared Dark Age of Technology, predating the coming of the Emperor by some 25,000 years.

What happened to all those Star Trek species like Neelix?

The Great Crusade.

Oh hi Klingons. What's that you say? A Bat'leth? Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of your body exploding from bolter shells. Yeah, that sharp blade is totally deadly against this fully enclosed power armour.

Oh hi Borg. What's that you say? Power fields that modulate to resist phaser fire but that are completely vulnerable to kinetic weapons? Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of this hyper-velocity Autocannon. The one that's just turned your buddies into chum. Oh what's that? You can fight at total efficiency with 98% damage? Cool story, bro. And one the War Hounds and their Primarch Angron would just love to put to the test. He's just invented this thing called a 'Chainaxe' and he's been itching to test it on something squishy that screams.

You know I'm right.

Chapter-Master

A Klingon could take a space marine. Discuss.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast