BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Janeway was an excellent captain.><
    If she ain't no Captain Baldylocks, she ain't no Captain at all.

I mean seriously - Picard is someone you can see the crew following into hell and back.

Janeway? I dunno. Seems a bit whiny to me at times.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I'm glad someone else agrees
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Set phasers tae Malky!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Janeway suffers from not being Captain "Fiction's most delightful Marry Sue" Picard. I say that as an ardent Picard fan, but the dude did lead an alien invasion that crippled Star Fleet, but faced zero repercussions. Janeway gets thrown into a strange part of the galaxy, has to make first contact with a sometimes hostile crew and arrange for resources on the fly. She's also got to fight the borg and the undine alone while having no one to talk to. I excuse her weirder behavior as expressions of stress. Archer has not been trained for his job, as his job is brand new and no one has experience in it. He's watched an alien race retard the progress of his people into the stars under the guise of friendship. That there are so few horrible first contacts during these initial missions is a credit to him.

Not like Picard had much of a choice in that matter now is it? He literally wasn't himself.

Picard does massively benefit from being an actual proper actor of course. Interviews with the rest of the case praise his assistance in raising their own game.

For my money? Had Patrick Stewart not been cast, TNG would have sunk largely without trace.

Especially when he deals with Q. Brilliant facial expressions, and a distinct 'FFS, what now?' air!

Picard was unusually brilliant and was the break out role for one of the best British actors alive so it is a bit hard to compare on that front. Janeway is extremely competent and efficient in extremely difficult circumstances in my opinion.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Just don't like the character. Actress and acting is fine.

Didn't take to any of the Voyager crew.

Fave line?

'No, I am not dead. Because I refuse to believe the afterlife is run by you (meaning Q). The universe is not that badly designed'.

Glorious!

Chapter-Master

Picard was not a breakout role he was well established in international film...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

He was a prominentish actor yes, he was not the huge star he was after TNG ended.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

He wouldn't be on my wife's celebrity do list if not for tng.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast