BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Eldar and the Maelstrom/Eternal War missions (part II)?

Hello!

This is part II of the on going question of the current state of the Eldar forces and their strength and weaknesses...

First game today was a Triple Threat mission against Blood Angels and the Space Wolves...game was the Maelstrom mission one and the Eldar took it by default after leading it by at least and eight points / team...i got lucky with two points + FB and the two possible d3 i rolled a six on both...yeah...i had only one WS and people STILL complained about it (maybe cos two Stromravens couldn´t shoot it down )

Even if i got lucky and REALLY lucky, i still found the game going either way, but the Eldar trickery wa ONCE again on the table...

Second game, Crusade against the GK with two shunting torrent flaming Dredknights ended on losing by default...but this was a nice game still. I made one critical error (not jinking a WS) and the Wraithknight Warlord (even with FNP as WLT) going down with ease...BUT, the mobile Eldar do not fare as well do they?

One of our FLGC is already flagging against the Maelstrom without House rules, but the rest of us are still cool...

How do you feel about Maelstrom / Eternal War with Eldar (part II i know )

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Librarian

We love the Maelstrom missions! And my fast mech Eldar especially love them!
    A recent game vs CSM Typhus/zombie army:
    Gave 2 units infiltrate, and deployed them on 2 of the center objectives. Also held his 2 rear objectives.
    Up until turn 4 CSM was ahead 8-1 (darn zombie mobs are hard to deal with). Once I popped his only 2 anti-vehicle units I was able to control the board.
    In the last 2 turns I wont eh game and won 9-8 (he was also wiped out). I did not lose a single unit!

So far the boost of all units being scoring, and especially my Troops' Wave Serpents has been a huge advantage for Eldar. Fast and tough tanks to grab those hard to get objectives is a clear win!