21. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

3 14.29%

11 52.38%

4 19.05%
  • 2500+

3 14.29%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Also it always scatters at least 2D6, if not 3D6. I have yet to hit anything I aimed at with it, but I've hit my own side plenty of times.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

According to which rules?
    On a hit! it does not scatter at all (33%).
    If you fire direct, you scatter 2d6-BF according to the rules for blast (unless you hit)
    If you fire indirect you scatter 2d6 (unless you hit)
    So I really dont know wher 3d6 should come from or the "always scatters at least.."

If you actually read the rules for the Master of Ordnance, he scatters 3D6 if he rolls an arrow, and 2D6 if he rolls a Hit in the direction of the small arrow. He may remove his BS from the distance rolled if he has LoS to the target.

It's a special rule for him that I'm reading from the Codex right in front of me, and is the reason he only costs 20pts. If your opponent isn't following these rules, that explains why you're having such problems with him.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    This is not the fault of the game but the players. Just because you can doesn't mean you have to.
    I agree with this 100%, players are the worst part of this hobby.

Around the 1,500 mark does me well.

Nothing to do with time available, as I can rattle through most point sizes at a decent rate. Instead, I find it's a decent limit as although I have enough point to set and represent a theme of some kind, using Battle Ready FoC, I can't really fit in all the ming I might like. Get much bigger, and once I've done my core theme (whatever that might be) and I've got points left over which I'm likely to spend on stuff just because it's a bit tasty!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    If you actually read the rules for the Master of Ordnance, he scatters 3D6 if he rolls an arrow, and 2D6 if he rolls a Hit in the direction of the small arrow. He may remove his BS from the distance rolled if he has LoS to the target.

It's a special rule for him that I'm reading from the Codex right in front of me, and is the reason he only costs 20pts. If your opponent isn't following these rules, that explains why you're having such problems with him.
    This is true. My MoO really isn't a master, more like a lunatic yelling into a radio telling a gun crew to fire blind. The only way to use him is to place the template near the middle of a large group of enemies and hope for a beneficial scatter. Actually hitting anything is a bonus.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    I think it would be interesting to do a survey of this, and get rough ideas of what standards are common in what areas. However, I don't think BOLS has a good method of doing that without some super-huge unwieldy poll. For me, games around the 1000-to 1500 pt mark are best. Plenty of flavour, have to make some hard choices over options and the game doesn't take too long.
    I made it a poll. I didn't get too specific, though.

Chaplain

1500 points is where the game balances out. Anything more or anything less, the game can become very one sided. 1500 pts. forces players to make hard army composition choices, the game is very strategic at this level because every unit matters, but it's not crippling should you loose a few, it allows the game to be played in a decent amount of time... 1500 pst. is the point level the game is designed around and play tested at. That should be enough to make it the default level everyone plays at.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Librarian

I actually voted for 2500. I believe that this and the last edition moved beyond smaller point level games when you start to take into account all of the new options. i think 2k is the new 1500 and i think 2500 is the new 1850.2k. I look at it this way. shooting is very very nasty you have the option of removing large swathes of infantry in almost every army. once you get into the higher pointed games there seems to be more flexability in army list and actual game mechanics. I think esp now that you have lords of war that these higher point levels allow you to balance out that aspect of the game. okay you want to take a titan but i do not have a titan. okay well in response to your titan i'm going to take more tanks or anti tank platforms. the above point limits allow you to do so in my opinion. For right or wrong that's how i view the topic and thats why i said 2500

Chapter-Master

I'm more in the 500-1000 point range. I dont like small games ala necromunda, malifaux, infinity, WM ect - too small, but 40k and Warpath ect are too big for me, I like it the 500-1000 range, about 25-40 models max. That's just right for me, taking in things like game time, model count, painting/assembling ect
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast