BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

With Tau & the Farsight Bomb the biggest thing is tactics

Winning the roll off for 1st turn is essential as you want to come in 2nd

Deploy teaser units completely behind cover & don't even bother coming out to shoot

If you end up going 1st wipe out his 800 points on the board before his bomb comes in

Whirlwinds/thunderfire cannons etc at opposite ends of the map so he has to come deal with them and reserving everything else if going 2nd and pack a lot of big guns as they come out of reserve

Psychic powers (invisibility) + others Tau can't do squat against psykers he'll not come any where near an invisible unit

Get yourself a save of some sort DA Librarian with PFG DA Grand Master with 4+ invuln for unit Psychic 4+ FNP etc etc etc

You've gotta remember that the Bomb costs a fortune the Broadsides your always getting a save from unless you take 4+ armor and for the army to have ignores cover their pathfinders have to live beyond the 1st turn

Please note that this thread isn't discussing a "proper" farsight bomb - which would use a large bodyguard squad of crisis suits. Instead, this is describing an armylist that uses the large volume of battlesuits to create a wall of S7 firepower that few armies can match or even consider out-ranging.

One thing to note.... the particular player hasn't showed up for gaming since this thread was posted 2 months ago...

Quote Originally Posted by clever handle View Post
    Please note that this thread isn't discussing a "proper" farsight bomb - which would use a large bodyguard squad of crisis suits. Instead, this is describing an armylist that uses the large volume of battlesuits to create a wall of S7 firepower that few armies can match or even consider out-ranging.

One thing to note.... the particular player hasn't showed up for gaming since this thread was posted 2 months ago...
    Well, I guess you accomplished the goal you set out.

still being willfully obtuse eh? The point was never to drive the player away - that's easy & I wouldn't need any help from the illustrious BoLS contributors such as yourself .

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

well, I for one would tell the chaos player to look at a Defiler (or two, I'm liking them more and more), with its 4 HP, IWND, 5++ and S8AP3 battle cannon (that outranges the S7 suits as well as killing them outright) it should be able to put enough holes in the line to allow the rest of the list to smash home

Furthermore, the defiler offers defence against backfield/outflanking troops with its heavy flamer and 5 S10 AP2 fleeting combat attacks.
    Last edited by daboarder; 09-25-2014 at 03:55 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I haven't thought about using a Defiler in a long time, but that battle cannon's range is certainly better than the Soul Grinder's. With the Broadsides' 2+ armor though S8/AP2 would be so much nicer (if only the Forgefiend could deepstrike and unload ectoplasm...sigh).

The Tau's early warning system to intercept is really the buggar for me, eliminating much of anything coming in from Reserves, and for 5 points!

Strangely, my massive unit of Grimoired Flesh Hounds and Jugger Heralds has always been the single most effective unit versus the Tau gunlines. Usually at least 2 Jugger Heralds and like 3 Hounds make it, but that's usually plenty to kill the 2 Riptides and another unit or 2 of whatevers (sweeping advances help out a bunch vs Tau!).

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

yeah but still, you may be getting less wounds through than with plasma, but those wounds count more. I was actually thinking of using the cannon on the suits more, your less likely to catch them with your faster elements due to the suits speed.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Yeah, the jump-shoot-jump thing is annoying, really annoying!

I need some more experimentation; probably utilizing 3 Deathstrikes on a skyshield

Even with a 4++, those Deathstrikes are going to struggle to stay alive.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Krungharr View Post
    Yeah, the jump-shoot-jump thing is annoying, really annoying!

I need some more experimentation; probably utilizing 3 Deathstrikes on a skyshield
    Get them camo cloaks as well! That way you have 3+ if you get cover, 4++ if not. They are also 12/12/10 so its not bad vs. S7. If you really want to go crazy, get a void shield for them as well.

Plus you can deploy well out of their range hopefully and make them waste some turns moving closer. In this case going 2nd might be key, especially in DOW and just counter deploy as far away as possible.
    Last edited by xsquidz; 09-25-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast