BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Actually I like the colorful not-uniform-look. It makes Eldar different from IG and Space Marines and every armor is a piece of art rather than a uniform.
    I also get my aspect colors different from shrine to shrine.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

see I;ve always liked it slightly the other way around

For example, a mate of mine has a black with blue edging eldar army, and he does his aspects in the shrine colours, but uses really dark shades for them, like midnight blue DA's, Deep red fire dragons etc....then all the tabards are balck with blue edging.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Typically where 40k is concerned there is simply no hard and fast rule.

Most Aspect Temples use their Shrine colours, but by no means all do so. Ultimately it's up to the player - something I've always appreciated about 40k's setting over historicals as there's no real need for uniform accuracy.

I like the concept DB's mate uses though. Seems a nice mix of the two.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Actually I like the colorful not-uniform-look. It makes Eldar different from IG and Space Marines and every armor is a piece of art rather than a uniform.
    I also get my aspect colors different from shrine to shrine.
    I'm also a fan of the 'not uniform' look but my favorite Eldar models to paint are Harlequins, so...

Veteran-Sergeant

I aim to give things a hint of the aspect colour, among the more usual greys of the craftworld... e.g. Dire Avenger exarch with the same greys as the guardians on the armour, but then a blue chest plate piece where the guardians have green instead for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0565.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	10105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0564.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	10106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0563.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	10107

Brother-Sergeant

Some great replies here, thank you all, it's really appreciated!

Ok, so base on the feedback I think I'll mix-and-match some of your approaches.
    I'll keep the basic aspect colours as chosen by Asurmen, roll out the Mymeara black & white helmets across the force, keep to the cooler end of the spectrum where possible to try and keep a unified theme and pick out some Aspect-specific details in the Mymeara blue/green. Shrine differentiation shouldn't be a problem as I've no duplicate squads to worry about.

So, for example:
    Howling Banshees - cool white rather than bone, black helm with white face plate, blue/green hair & tabards.
    Swooping Hawks - Mymeara blue, black & white helmet, Mymeara green "feathers".

JMichael - how on earth did you manage those stripes on such an organic tank? Looks fantastic.
    edsoulman - So would there not have been any other Aspects on board Mymeara? Hmmm...that might put a crimp in things. Marful's post would seem to back that up as Mymeara thought they were the only Eldar left.
    Charon - I do rather like the diversity of the Aspect colour schemes, but want to try and avoid it looking like 5 different armies I've just randomly grabbed before heading to the FLGS. The bases will help, but then all of my armies are based the same anyway.

Any more thoughts?

Oh, and also, there's no set Aspect scheme either.

They have their preferred colours, but can be anything!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Culial View Post
    Charon - I do rather like the diversity of the Aspect colour schemes, but want to try and avoid it looking like 5 different armies I've just randomly grabbed before heading to the FLGS. The bases will help, but then all of my armies are based the same anyway.

Any more thoughts?
    Learning colors can do a lot for you.
    I had it quite simpe as I play Alaitoc so most of the aspect colors are somewhere in the army anyways.
    Set yourself to a few colors and prepeat them.
    So you get more consistency. The color I had problems with was red. As red models tend to jump into your eye when placed into a "blue" army. My solution was to paint hair, energy weapons and gems the same red.
    Sadly I have onply pictures of my DE on my pc atm.

Like others here I also use Craftworld colors but not any of the standard Craftworlds.

One thing though if you decide to go this route look at which colors go well with each other.

Like using a Color Wheel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12