BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Knights assaulting through Tank Traps

So coming off the heated Skyshield thread, which quickly turned into the Tank Trap thread, it ended with Knights, being Walkers, can move through Tank Traps like Infantry vs being blocked because they're vehicles.

Since they move like Infantry, does this mean they can assault through Tank Traps like Infantry as well? Just checking, seems like yes to me.

Still on the "no" side.

Chapter-Master

I would say no as well... "move like infantry" <> " is infantry"

Brother-Sergeant
    Germany, Baden Württemberg, Reutlingen/Tübingen

By the logic about assaulting through tank traps a knight could also assault a unit on a tower/ruin with 1x1" width and 8-10" height?

I rather doubt it. But I'm open for good reasoning/referenced rules.

Btw, is there a rule what place a model occupies? Already heard somewhere of strange exceptions during the assault phase. And interesting interpretations of the "wobbly model" rule...

No.

Walkers are not infantry.

Tank Traps are impassable to all vehicles without the Skimmer sub type.

Everything else is wishful thinking and bizarre abstract concepts.

The specifics of the wording, as with any sentence is important.

Tank Traps do not state 'Infantry units treat these as open terrain'. Instead, it specifies units that do not. Namely non-skimmer vehicles treat them as impassable, and Bike units treat them as dangerous. All other units treat them as open ground.

As a Walker is it all times unit type 'Vehicle, Walker' they fall foul of the first exception, and treat them as impassable.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 07-22-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Sadly I'd have to say no walkers can't based on the rules as written.

Remember that tank traps does not just mean big blocks of concrete like we use here in reality. It can in fact be any manner of 'grim dark' technology that'd prove bad for vehicles to traverse. An example would be the 'tellyporta' mines mentioned in the santus reach book which disabled a knight by teleporting its leg ten feet to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by George Labour View Post
    Sadly I'd have to say no walkers can't based on the rules as written.

Remember that tank traps does not just mean big blocks of concrete like we use here in reality. It can in fact be any manner of 'grim dark' technology that'd prove bad for vehicles to traverse. An example would be the 'tellyporta' mines mentioned in the santus reach book which disabled a knight by teleporting its leg ten feet to the left.
    I need to get this book!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Krungharr View Post
    So coming off the heated Skyshield thread, which quickly turned into the Tank Trap thread, it ended with Knights, being Walkers, can move through Tank Traps like Infantry vs being blocked because they're vehicles.

Since they move like Infantry, does this mean they can assault through Tank Traps like Infantry as well? Just checking, seems like yes to me.

Sadly the rules leave just enough vagueness to give some people something to cling to. The issue won't get resolved until they Faq it. You will have to ask each individual Event Organizer how they are going to run it each time. However, if you want the rules as written, with no "interpretation" it would work like this:

1. Knights are super heavy walkers and thus move as Walkers. This means instead of moving the various combat, cruising, etc. speeds, they move 6" or roll 2D6 and take the highest when moving through Terrain. Well they would except they also the USR "Move Through Cover" so they are a bit better at it. That is all moving like infantry means.

2. Knights are vehicles and not on the list given an exemption for Tank Traps, so they treat them as impassible terrain.

3. Knights assault like everyone else except for the specified USR.

Where are the rules for these tank traps and does "super-heavy vehicle" type give any ruling that would make a difference (super heavies tend to work atleast somewhat differently than their 'normal' counterparts..?

Rulebook.

Haven't checked for Superheavies.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast