BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    No tisroc, I suggest the thread get locked because they are all just posting the same thing back and forth repeatedly (for 7 pages now) . NO ONE is changing their minds here.
    Daboarder, I actually agree with you about the circular nature of this thread. Note: I'm not picking a fight with anyone. I agree with Tynskal's interpretation of the rules and disagree with Mystery's. That's not picking a fight.

Eventually (hopefully), a FAQ will come out about this and vindicate my side. All good... game on...
    "Let blood and fire obliterate the world! I will never desist till I have dragged to my palace by her hair the barbarian queen, the daughter of dogs!"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Sorry, that was a typo, yes as I have said a number of times counts-as, as-if etc words which are replacing things they assume the properties, that is a none issue.

What are the Walker Movement rules? The ones that are being replaced? The ones you go on to say don't exist? How can you replace something that doesn't exist? So, surely it is just simply, they move in the same way as the basic rules, rather than re-iterate it.

Vehicles are a unit type, not Impassable.

You do not replace the entry, it doesn't tell you to do that. It just tells you that walkers can move up to 6", ignore difficult terrain, but still takes tests for dangerous terrains.

Using a rule or rules does not replace a unit type.
    "Sorry, that was a typo, yes as I have said a number of times counts-as, as-if etc words which are replacing things they assume the properties, that is a none issue."

That's Done.

I am repeating what I am saying again, in a different order.

Now we go to tank traps.
    Impassable. What does impassable mean? Impassable does not mean type. models cannot enter—that's a movement related rule. Tank Traps also says vehicle. so vehicles cannot move into (and out of) impassable terrain. How do vehicles move? Look at the vehicle movement section... various things about how vehicles ignore difficult terrain, pivoting, yadda yadda yadda. They move *entirely* different from Infantry. There is not a lick about it that it is similar to Infantry.

Tank Traps say infantry move essentially as 'normal'.

Now we go to walkers: Do no ignore part of the walker entry. It says 'Walkers move using Infantry...'. That means you have replaced the rules. We are on the same page as that, because you just said you were. In fact, in case some rules person was trying to fanangle the rules, they are explicit in stating that all of the Vehicles rules are gone! None, nadda zilch.

Now we go back to the tank trap.
    Impassable to Vehicles.
    There are no vehicle movement rules for the Walker. The Walker is "infantry", because of the rules replacement. Walkers walk right over tank traps, subject to *other* terrain rules.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel
    At no point does a Vehicle, Walker become Infantry. No point at all. My quotes prove that, as they're what the rule book says.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Perfectly said, Tynskel. It couldn't be clearer.
    "Let blood and fire obliterate the world! I will never desist till I have dragged to my palace by her hair the barbarian queen, the daughter of dogs!"

Same result as the last time this came up: 7 day ban for derailment and belligerent/trolling posts for Tynksel.
    This thread closed peacefully, and you decided to revive it 8 days later just to argue - and in the exact manner that got you banned in the first place. Next time I see this kind of behavior from this account it'll start at 2 weeks, and will escalate from there. Argue with me on this and it'll be a month. Is that clear? This sort of behavior is not acceptable on this forum.

Edit: thread closed, move on.
    Last edited by The Girl; 08-01-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789