BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Question The perceptions of how the other race's see daemons in reality to them?

I was wondering due to I play Chaos daemons and this could help me make some custom models.

Ok so basically each chaos god has a respected emotion if a faction encounters daemons would they see a daemon differently compared to another race for example take a nurgle plaguebearer effectively its a rotting humanoid corpse if say a human see's it would they view it as a sort of zombie compare to say a Tombking seeing it as a sort of Insect that eats bone? After all nurgle is the emotion of despair?

The reason for this I was going to use some models from the other race's that are still living of corse and say make them more nurgle looking as a sort of project that everyone becomes part of nurgle at some point
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Chapter-Master

Quite possibly. There was an old undead regiment of renown that had zombies made from different races, pointing out that anyone can become them. I would see no reason why daemons wouldn't change to face their enemy. Either the way in which the enemy perceives them or they simply take on different forms.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Yup.

Though in the Old World, it would seem Daemons appear fairly uniform, simply because Man has the greatest combined presence and fear, to the point where it's hard to tell whether Daemons influenced the folk art, or the folk art influenced the Daemons, or somewhere in between
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Daemons of different Gods appear unformed, but remeber that there is a ton of undivided Daemons out there. These could take any form, from the cloud of black light to a hugely obesed humanoid with tentacles instead of limbs. In fact the unidvided aspect of Chaos was alwyas the most interesting to me, as it was, well, chaotic. Also it's a converter's dream come true.
    Check out my wargaming blog "It Always Rains in Nuln".
    http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

Micheal Moorecock wrote some wonderfully descriptive pieces about chaos in his boocks from the nature of the demons to even worlds where chaos was unbound and dominent . games workshop borrowed heavily from his work in the early days. many of those themes still being present in one form or other. even down to the eight pointed star symbol. id advise reading any of his boocks to get some ideas for conversions concerning the lords of change.