BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Scout

Default Stormclaw Ork Formation...

Could someone more experienced with Orks weigh in on the quality of the "Grukk's Rippin' Krew" formation. I thought it might be a neat detachment to ally with my Space Wolves Army from time to time. "Come the Apocalypse" won't come into play as they deploy via deep strike. Sure, "one eye open" is going to be a concern, but dropping that many bodies combined with a drop pod assault might be worth it. Alternatively, dropping a load of Orks in an opponents face could lift a lot of fire of of a Thunderwolf cavalry charge? I don't know much about Orks though, so thought someone could enlighten me. Thanks.

Chapter-Master

Im going to try running it with my assault heavy Chaos marine army. Loads of stuff in the enemies face turn 1 that has to be dealt witg buys my advancing wave at least one turn im not getting shot. Alternativly my enemy shoots everything at me and gets lots of Orks assaulting
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

First-Captain

It looks fun, the Nobz are expensive and not kitted out well though and the Kanz all have different weapons which means they'll have a hard time dealing with any particular enemy as each weapons is good for one purpose, but with the deep striking and Grukk being a badass, its worth a shot, not sure how you'd explain it fluff wise with Space Wolves though.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    ...not sure how you'd explain it fluff wise with Space Wolves though.
    Easy, Orks love fighting, Space Wolves love fighting, I'm sure they could have been right in the middle of loving to fight each other when a larger force (equal in points to their remaining point cost of course) presented itself in opposition to both, thus triggering the rush to kill this new enemy faster than the previous- while still keeping a watchful eye on him.